Human Lanterns may be uncut

gfanikf

After reading all the high praises by board members I just picked up my copy at local Best Buy. Will try to watch it tonight. Also I am glad everything was sorted out between Runningman and Vengeanceofhumanlanterns, it truly shows the exceptional maturity of our forum.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

I'm just glad this didn't turn into one of those threads where Running Man quotes like 10 different sentences from somebody and comments on each one. Man that gets annoying. I think you make too big a deal out of things sometimes Running Man. If you think somebody is angry in their post, try to turn it into something positive, or at least try not to react to the negativity. Just my 2 cents... And I'm not pointing this out because I don't like you or something, because you are a pretty cool guy.

Guest Markgway

Lol @ the fact that no one seems to know if the Image DVD is uncut. And you guys call yourselves experts... ;)

Lol @ the fact that no one seems to know if the Image DVD is uncut. And you guys call yourselves experts... ;)

Haha!

I have both the IVL(REGION 3) and Momentum Asia(REGION 2) versions. My copy of the Image Entertainment(REGION 1) version is on the way. As soon as I have it and watch it I'll post here on what cut it is. Unless someone else does that before me.

The Running Man
I think you make too big a deal out of things sometimes Running Man.

That's actually what I am thinking about you right now. The issue's been dealt with already but yet you continue to dwell on it and bring up stuff that has nothing to do with it on top of it.

Now THAT'S annoying.

vengeanceofhumanlanterns

There's not too much cut out of it as far as I can tell. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now and I'm not missin much. Cheers to Image on this release.

I'm just glad this didn't turn into one of those threads where Running Man quotes like 10 different sentences from somebody and comments on each one.

Wait, the day is still young.

Man that gets annoying.

I agree.

I think you make too big a deal out of things sometimes Running Man.

Uh-oh, now you're asking for it...

If you think somebody is angry in their post, try to turn it into something positive, or at least try not to react to the negativity.

Amitabha.

Just my 2 cents...

Are you sure about that? I mean, was that only 2 cents? I take issue with that expression.

And I'm not pointing this out because I don't like you or something, because you are a pretty cool guy.

I'm going to have soup for lunch.

Morgoth Bauglir

Are you sure about that? I mean, was that only 2 cents? I take issue with that expression.

Well next time it's only going to be 1 cent:D

Morgoth Bauglir
That's actually what I am thinking about you right now. The issue's been dealt with already but yet you continue to dwell on it and bring up stuff that has nothing to do with it on top of it.

Now THAT'S annoying.

You are the one who overreacted to humanlantern's post. Not me. I can comment on it if I feel like, this is an open forum. You were still telling humanlanterns to calm down, and there was no need to continue to say stuff like that when humanlanterns was already completely calm. And BTW, YOU continued this, and now I am continuing it further with you:D

The Running Man
You are the one who overreacted to humanlantern's post. Not me.

No. He was the one who over reacted. And he apologized for it. End of.

I can comment on it if I feel like, this is an open forum.

Great attitude to have. Way to set an example. "I'm gonna stir stuff up because I feel like." And then you want to talk about spreading positivity. :rolleyes:

You were still telling humanlanterns to calm down, and there was no need to continue to say stuff like that when humanlanterns was already completely calm.

Umm... People tell that to each other all the time when they say goodbye to each other. "Just take it easy man". "Yeah man, you too".

And BTW, YOU continued this, and now I am continuing it further with you

Continued this? There was nothing between us until you decided to start something.

And with that fact, do the thread a favor and just stop it here. We were talking about this DVD and that's all what this thread should be about. Let's not get things messy in here okay?

So let's recap:

With the information that has been established earlier in mind, is the Image DVD 100% uncut?

Morgoth Bauglir

You responded to my post. that is called continuing it. And I didn't stir things up, I was responding to your overreaction in a calm manner. You are the one who stired things up by overreacting to humanlanterns post. Anything else you need me to clarify for you, or do you think you can just go back and read it yourself?

The Running Man
You responded to my post. that is called continuing it.

You started with me about something that was taking care of already. That is called "stirring things up".

I was responding to your overreaction in a calm manner.

There was no over-reaction by me. His post was inappropriate in how he wrote it. He realized that and apologized. That demonstrates he is a big boy and doesn't need your help to decide on things.

You are the one who stired things up by overreacting to humanlanterns post.

Yup. My post was so out of line, that it lead to an apology from him and smiley by me. :rolleyes:

Go do something else with your free time Morgoth. Don't continue to pollute the thread because you're bored.

Morgoth Bauglir

I don't care if you don't think you overreacted. You did. But whatever makes you feel better:rolleyes:

If it's uncut, then Image should have noted it was reinstated as opposed to suggesting it was a deleted scene.

Of course, yet to be confirmed.

I received my DVD last night in the mail but haven't started my comparison yet. It's on my to do list for tonight.

So is this disc 100% uncut? :)

According to Lanterns post, it would appear to be cut slightly. But he wasn't all that clear or sure himself. :/

There's not too much cut out of it as far as I can tell. I've watched it 3 or 4 times now and I'm not missin much. Cheers to Image on this release.

Would it be possible for someone to post a list of all of Images shaw releases thus far?

Would it be possible for someone to post a list of all of Images shaw releases thus far?

- The Bells of Death

- Black Magic

- The Boxer's Omen

- The Cave of the Silken Web

- The Deadly Breaking Sword

- Have Sword Will Travel

- Heaven and Hell

- Human Lanterns

- Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan

- The Killer Snakes

- Legendary Weapons of China

- The Magic Blade

- The Shadow Whip

- Shaolin Intruders

- Super Inframan

- Vengeance is a Golden Blade

- The Wandering Swordman

- The Water Margin

Upcoming Titles:

- Bats Without Wings

- Corpse Mania

- House of Traps

- Kiss of Death

- Seeding of a Ghost

Thank you!!!

I imagine they'll be putting out more boxes, so I can get screwed again like I did with Vengeance Is a Golden Blade.

Thanks for the list.

Can anyone confirm if they are.

1. Anamorphic

2. Uncut

3. Original Mono Sound

Thanks

Killer Meteor
Thanks for the list.

Can anyone confirm if they are.

1. Anamorphic

2. Uncut

3. Original Mono Sound

Thanks

Most are - though Legendary Weapons and Boxer's Omen are in the wrong language - but the interlacing issues on these are so wretchedly awful, becuase Image took the PAL-NTSC versions seen on the HK DVD and strectched them to NTSC speed, making all the conversion flaws all the more evident. Pathetic

I just purchases Images version from DeepDiscount.com. I have the Momemtum version but I am tired of having to deal with the PAL Region 2 encoding. Hopefully this Image version will be my final purchase of Human Lanterns. From reading these posts it appears that nobody really knows what a truly uncut version of the film entails.

Archived