Bought '5 Super Fighters' for 4 bucks

Jstn

The Red Sun version....man, I was impressed, really cool movie. Unfortunately the audio wasn't great and it was not widescreen :mad:

Most of the Red Sun versions I've bought are pretty decent, but this one wasn't that great. Movie was fantastic though.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered the IVL from HKFlix looong ago, but it's been sold out for ages and I'm starting to think they won't restock. :(

gravedigger666

Paid 3€ at second hand shop of IVL disc.Not fantastic movie but there is enough kung-fu to make sure you will insert it into your player more often than once:)

Then why not buy the IVL?

Actually, I went to a store that I knew sold some kung fu dvds for cheap, I happened to come across it, so i figured for 4 dollars, i'd pick it up to see how it was. I also got Chinese Super Ninjas for 5 bucks.

gravedigger666
Chinese Super Ninjas for 5 bucks.

Assuming you bought bootleg,it`s not worth that much.Terrible quality&fullscreen(&cut?).

Chinatown Kid

The Red Sun/Pan Media version of The Master isn't fullscreen or cut, it's a direct copy of the IVL print with an english dub slapped on it. They have been copying IVL's Shaw prints left and right and sticking an English dub on it. The only reason I can guess that Celestial hasn't sued is that their films where intended for sale in Asia and they don't care what's going on here in the US. Seems like Dragon Dynasty or Image would be pissed though....

oldeschool17
The Red Sun/Pan Media version of The Master isn't fullscreen or cut, it's a direct copy of the IVL print with an english dub slapped on it. They have been copying IVL's Shaw prints left and right and sticking an English dub on it. The only reason I can guess that Celestial hasn't sued is that their films where intended for sale in Asia and they don't care what's going on here in the US. Seems like Dragon Dynasty or Image would be pissed though....

Media Blasters is the only one that had the balls to do something and cockblocked hkflix from selling the bootleg versions of the titles the own. However, MB, IMAGE, Dragon Dynasty has yet to stop any of the retail stores from carrying boots.

Neither of these movies were bootlegs, *****just so we are all clear. They were originals, brand new, packaged, originals.

oldeschool17
The Red Sun version....man, I was impressed, really cool movie. Unfortunately the audio wasn't great and it was not widescreen :mad:

Most of the Red Sun versions I've bought are pretty decent, but this one wasn't that great. Movie was fantastic though.

Red Sun= Bootleg

unless im misunderstanding something

Neither of these movies were bootlegs, *****just so we are all clear. They were originals, brand new, packaged, originals.

:eek::(:confused:

vonhumboldtfleisher

Just because something is sealed and factory-pressed doesn't mean it isn't a bootleg. All of RedScum's shitty quality DVDs are illegal reproductions of films that they don't have the right to reproduce or sell. The fact that they self-destruct after about two weeks doesn't endear anyone to their lousy product any more than their selfish reckless endangering of future legitimate releases in the US.

Media Blasters is the only one that had the balls to do something and cockblocked hkflix from selling the bootleg versions of the titles the own.

I didn't know that. Good for them.

oldeschool17

For the record, the following are bootleg companies(feel free to add to the list):

Redsun

Panmedia

Xenon

Yin Yang

I don't believe my friend Jstn knows what the Bootlegs are. When I first joined this Forum, I learned which films were boots, and which were legitimate releases from you guys. I had previously, unknowingly, purchased some boots, and began to focus in on who was putting the product out, then I began to understand.

It may be better to explain like this...

Purchase:

Media Blasters

IVL's

Tokyo Shock

HKL's

Dragon Dynasty

EDKO'S

Joy Sales.... and so on and so forth.

Anything other than these companies product is probably bootleg, with their video and sometimes (Eng) dubbs slapped over the Newly remastered video. Am I correct?

oldeschool17
with their video and sometimes (Eng) dubbs slapped over the Newly remastered video. Am I correct?

Thats pretty much it. What Redsun/Panmedia does is take the remastered pictured from the IVL copies and takes the english dubs from existing boots and sync it up to the IVL copies. Thats why alot of the time, the audio is atrocious because the source audio is shitty and as mentioned earlier, use shitty dvds. Redsun/Panmedia will have 4-5 different versions of the same movie and each time steal from other versions out there. Their latest versions clearly are stolen from the IVL remastered releases. Im sure they will eventually steal from the Dragon Dynasty/Media Blasters if they have not yet. Not sure if they have stolen from Siren yet.

vonhumboldtfleisher

The list of legit distributors is depressingly short. And isn't there another RedScum offshoot called Banzai as well?

And yes, they ripped the Siren version of TRAIL OF THE BROKEN BLADE, THE LIZARD, THE WEB OF DEATH, and probably others. Being hopeless schmucks they couldn't even master the DVDs as dual-audio like the originals they stole from.

Thats pretty much it. What Redsun/Panmedia does is take the remastered pictured from the IVL copies and takes the english dubs from existing boots and sync it up to the IVL copies. Thats why alot of the time, the audio is atrocious because the source audio is shitty and as mentioned earlier, use shitty dvds. Redsun/Panmedia will have 4-5 different versions of the same movie and each time steal from other versions out there. Their latest versions clearly are stolen from the IVL remastered releases. Im sure they will eventually steal from the Dragon Dynasty/Media Blasters if they have not yet. Not sure if they have stolen from Siren yet.

They have I think (Trail of Broken Blade).

Morgoth Bauglir

Just so jstn knows, nobody is mad at him or anything. He may be taking this the wrong way. It's just a learning experience. Red Sun/Panmedia/Yin Yang is the same company. I would assume there's a couple other aka's. Like everyone else has said, they are bootlegs.

vonhumboldtfleisher
Just so jstn knows, nobody is mad at him or anything. He may be taking this the wrong way. It's just a learning experience.

Oh yeah, I'm not having a go at Jstn at all - you can't blame someone for not being aware just how massively illegal these DVD releases are, particularly when they buy them from supposedly legitimate retailers. It's not as if they have 'BOOTLEG' stamped all over them. Although they probably should.

Chinatown Kid

Yes please don't feel like we are attacking you jstn, we just want to make everyone who might not know to be aware of the bootleg problem. The late Linn strived to educate people about how boots hurt the chances of legitimate releases on the market. Your not the only one that's been duped by Pan Media before.:)

I understand guys....i really didn't realize these were considered bootlegs. Now, I'm wondering how many bootlegs I actually have in my collection. I remember seeing the small kiosk in the malls where they sell nothing but kung fu movies (a lot of them Red Sun)....I always figured it was a legite company but now I see it's among many which are not. I guess I have to focus on the list of legite companies.

Just a question: what does IVL stand for?

Archived