Rares!!!!!!!!! Let's Talk About Rares! :d

falkor

This forum looks a bit dry lately... It's lacking discussion about those all important RARES!!!!!!! :D I just did an archives search for "Rares" and found this:

rareHsiaKwanLee.jpg

This late 70s film stars Hsia Kwan Lee from Shaolin Invincible Sticks!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if it is big boss 2 then its mighty rare suppose to be only one person has this

and even toby russel has,nt got it

some other rare titles

orginization

black alice (charles heung) 1975

3 killers aka desperado,s 1970

devil fighter 1969

judicial sword 1975

story of the 36 killers

black guide

dragon and tiger (champ wong)

all them are super rare as well

if anyone has these

i would love to see them

regards houndslow

I had a movie called Big Boss 2 on vhs tape, too bad i never played it to see if thats the one your after.

if it is big boss 2 then its mighty rare suppose to be only one person has this

and even toby russel has,nt got it

One time Linn mentioned to me that there are some collectors who make most of us look like noobs.

That these cats deal with... nobody.

I've always wondered who some of these individuals might be.

It's like The Order of Skull & Bones for Kung Fu Films.

Any guesses who these Super-collectors are?

Well, some of the "super collectors" are really the same ones who saw the 19th floor footage Bruce Lee shot for game Of Death :rolleyes:

I do have an old copy of Martial Arts Movies from 1981 where they reviewed a bunch of Lee Clones films. The reviewer goes into detail of Big Boss 2 plot. He mentions Huang Kin-Lung (Bruce Le) is playing Lee's part and goes into a couple dscriptions of the action scenes. Obviously by his writing, he saw the film.

Here is a poster of something that may or may not be rare:

post-509-144191879276_thumb.jpg

vonhumboldtfleisher

It's worth remembering that some films are rare because they're impossible to find, some are rare because the few people who own a copy never trade out, and some are rare because they're junk and nobody wants to see them.

Super-collectors: I can't remember the guy's name but he's in NY and he calls bootleggers 'garbage men'. He has rare U-matics up the wazoo.

hi shape the big boss 2 you had was dragon,lee fights back same title completly different film load of crap also

well thats good i didnt watch it.

the guy i bought it from had a big boss 2 movie i remember seeing in a dingy corner that had a different label, if i make a trip there again i'll pick it up.

Guest Markgway

Don't know the title for the first film shown but the stars are:

TANG Pao-Yun

YUEH Yang

HSIA Kuan Li

LIU Chang Ming

wackiechan

Do any of you know who owns the rights to any of these HK kung fu movies that you all have shown here?

If you know who owns the rights, then if possible, could you also please tell me the HK distributers' e-mail address or other contact info?

Also, if "Lee Lives Within" is AKA "Showdown At The Equator"(1977 or 1979, starring Nora Miao and Lo Lieh[?]), then do you know who owns the rights to "SatE"? Thanks

Shaolindogma

I don't know why they would want to hoard the movies they have, it seems counter productive. I've always questioned these movies i have because i could never find anything about them on HKMDB or on IMDB, anyone know anything about these? Are they rare?

Portrait in Crystal (Crappy VHS transfer)

7 Banners 8 Knights AKA 7 Men of Kung Fu

Devil Killer

Dueling Dragon Fists

Heroes 5

Lu Hsiao Fury

Pearl in Command

Revenge of the Swordsman(1963)

vonhumboldtfleisher

DEVIL KILLER is a Robert Tai film with Lo Rei, probably better known as Ninja Exterminators. There's a Video Asia DVD.

7 KNIGHTS, 8 BANNERS is a Chang Yi movie. Not very special, and the FLK version has a lot of gamma distortion - Chang Yi's face looks lime green for most of the film.

7knights.jpg

(Here's Chang Yi and his horse - Chang Yi is the one on the right.)

There's a compilation DVD called DUELLING DRAGON FISTS, it has a horrible-looking version of DUEL OF THE IRON FIST on it. I don't know what other movies it has.

HEROES 5 - No idea.

LU HSIAO FURY is also known as CHIVALRY CONSPIRACY (I think). It's rubbish. (EDIT: Close - it's called Chivalry of Conspiracy)

PEARL IN COMMAND - I have a raw copy of this which I've never watched, but I think it is literally about a woman (probably called Pearl) who takes command of an army. Or something.

pearl.jpg

I have no idea how rare anything is. I just found out last week that you can buy BLOODY PARROT on DVD.

Wow! lots of rare movies, i've been away fr. this forum for about 6 months

and it's good to know that you guys are still into rare kung fu movies.

Isn't that last pic one of Melinda Chan Man-ling who used to be Cathay's queen of swordplay?

Guest Markgway

Is that second image not from Iron Man?

Kwokscope, lol. I'm assuming Kwok's was Joseph Kuo's company before Hong Hwa? Must be Taiwanese as (unlike Hong Hwa) I can see any reference to it being from HK.

Archived