Jimmy Wang Yu Interview

teako170

Ran across this 2-parter on YT; posted by vonhumboldtfleischer.

Don't know if this was on the old forum or not.

I sure hope 1300 fans don't show up in Europe.

That will make it hard for some personal photogs. :(

I think Jimmy should've whacked the interview when he asked him about his drinking.

The other thing was he (interviewer) mentions is how Kill Bill used Wang Yu's flying G. concept.

Umm, didn't Ni Kuang invent that device for the first SB film?

Anyway, thanks VHF!

vacklJf53PI&feature=related

9qVK1Alcp_8&feature=related

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Jimmy should've whacked the interview when he asked him about his drinking.

Yeah that was uncalled for.

Still, I think Jimmy was really moved by the huge turnup and to see that people still appreciated his work. I know I do!

As for the flying guillotine, I saw a documentary on national geographic about chinese weaponry where they talked about the flying guillotine. I don't remember them referring to any of the movies, as the flying guillotine is supposedly an actual weapon from ancient China. I very much doubt they have found one though, so it's probably just speculalations arising from the flying guillotine being mentioned or illustrated in a historic text or something. They did make one for testing though, and it looked exactly the same as the one from the movies.

As for the flying guillotine, I saw a documentary on national geographic about chinese weaponry where they talked about the flying guillotine. I don't remember them referring to any of the movies, as the flying guillotine is supposedly an actual weapon from ancient China. I very much doubt they have found one though, so it's probably just speculalations arising from the flying guillotine being mentioned or illustrated in a historic text or something. They did make one for testing though, and it looked exactly the same as the one from the movies.

In an interview with Fangoria magazine, Ho Meng Hua talks about this being a real historical weapon but no documents exist detailing what it looks like so the Shaw version (and the others) are fabrication. However, the Shaw FG is quite detailed and looks like it could really work, IMO.

Wang Yu is the balls - had no idea he was part of the 16 Sparkling Diamonds tour!!

So what if he liked (or likes) a drink?

Remins me of all the crap Ti Lung put up with years ago about his problems with alcohol - no one's biz but his!

Archived