Who's the guy that fights WLW at the end of Flash Future Kung Fu?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

This guy's a madman! I must see more of him.

And I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but I thought it was awesome. Wang Lung Wei goes off on people. A lot of people!

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

I've never seen this flick before but now you got me interested. The fights are really that good huh?

Morgoth Bauglir

Well, I can't say that the choreography is great or anything, but WLW shines brightly. It's done 80's HK kickboxing style, but it feels more raw. WLW really messes people up in this. I saw a lot of real contact. Damn I had a good time watching this! There's just something about seeing WLW in a long black raincoat beating people down that gets me excited.

I remember someone once mentioning an uncut version. I would love to see it, because I doubt the Tai Seng version is uncut.

I got a vcd version of this movie unfortunately without subs so I had no idea what was going on, but I liked it a lot too. Maybe that could be the uncut version? I thought the atmospherics and lighting were cool for such a low budget movie. Also love the scene when the girls are singing along with the cover of The Velvet Underground's Venus in Furs, ace! Love Eddy Ko too, he's great in everything. Wish I knew who the guy WLW fights at the end is!

Morgoth Bauglir
I got a vcd version of this movie unfortunately without subs so I had no idea what was going on, but I liked it a lot too. Maybe that could be the uncut version? I thought the atmospherics and lighting were cool for such a low budget movie. Also love the scene when the girls are singing along with the cover of The Velvet Underground's Venus in Furs, ace! Love Eddy Ko too, he's great in everything. Wish I knew who the guy WLW fights at the end is!

What's the running time?

Chinatown Kid
Well, I can't say that the choreography is great or anything, but WLW shines brightly. It's done 80's HK kickboxing style, but it feels more raw. WLW really messes people up in this. I saw a lot of real contact. Damn I had a good time watching this! There's just something about seeing WLW in a long black raincoat beating people down that gets me excited.

I remember someone once mentioning an uncut version. I would love to see it, because I doubt the Tai Seng version is uncut.

I love that 80's HK kickboxing style of fighting so think I'll pick up the Tai Seng version and check it out.

Jesse Smooth

Ray Lui Leung-Wai.

I think its him. I have the old Ocean Shores VHS that I haven't seen in ages.

Morgoth Bauglir

Nah, Ray Lui plays WLW's buddy at the start of the movie.

SPOILER ALERT HERE- The Nazi woman has sex with him when he's injured and he dies.

SPOILER ALERT HERE- The Nazi woman has sex with him when he's injured and he dies.

Sounds like a seriously intimidating movie.

Sounds like a seriously intimidating movie.

Sweet. I can't wait to watch this later on. I have some dubbed FS copy of it. I've look at clips weird, weird, weird. Obviously this means it will be amazing. :)

Morgoth Bauglir

It is pretty amazing. I mean, you can see it's bad, but with the music, the serious tone, and constant smoke in the backround, I just had a great time watching it. And here's maybe the best part of the movie. Eddie Ko tells Wang Lung Wei to "go chop down a forest for fire", and then you see Wang Lung Wei chop down the forest (or what was left of the forest).

Morgoth Bauglir

Probably has something to do with those Neo Nazi people taking over. The Tai Seng version doesn't translate it.

Tantheman

Sorry for the extremely late reply for this, had been without computer.

Quote:

Originally posted by Morgoth: What's the running time?

Just checked last night and it has the Ocean Shores label on the back of the DVD, so it must be the same version as you have.

Morgoth Bauglir

No problem. Thanks for the reply.

77:49 is the running time on the Tai Seng version. Does anyone have a longer cut?

Archived