The Forbidden Kingdom (2008)

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

those new character posters are pretty nice, none for Collin Chou though? also, I read somewhere that Wu Jing is in this but I'd never heard anything about that before or since...I'm guessing that whoever listed that info was mistaking this for Mummy 3.

those new character posters are pretty nice, none for Collin Chou though? also, I read somewhere that Wu Jing is in this but I'd never heard anything about that before or since...I'm guessing that whoever listed that info was mistaking this for Mummy 3.

Yep, they meant to add Wu Jing under Mummy 3 but mistakeningly added it to Forbidden Kingdom and it's now removed.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I think this is going to be an international hit.

The cinematography looks gorgeous.

Jakie and Jet who could ask for anything more.

GDY-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Why? I think it will make this movie a BIG hit in the USA.

So what. A white kid in the movie. Well imagine if he was black or red or whatever color. I think it will give it an interesting contrast.

But whats funny is in the trailer the kid and Jackie are speaking English it seems right off the bat. Or maybe they lead in to it. Hey the kid could have been a language major and know Chinese. But what the ---- as long as the movie delivers and my sixth sense says it will.

GDY-Y

But whats funny is in the trailer the kid and Jackie are speaking English it seems right off the bat.

It is mainly a kid's movie, let's remember that. The adults were the last thing on their minds when filming this :rolleyes:

Well, it's wrong. The story has them looking for the Monkey King, so how is he looking for him and is the Monkey King at the same time? :confused::D Don't always believe what you read.

Actors can play two roles in the same movie.

Actors can play two roles in the same movie.

Perhaps, maybe that's the twist or something! He's the monk and turns out being Wukong (The Monkey King), I doubt it though :(

Before going further, please refer to the last post on the previous page.

And now, for spoilers, twists concerning Monkey King and Silent Monk, Jet has explained it in his blog.

SPOILERS

Silent Monk is a strand of hair transformed from Monkey King. And there's a further spoiler but that would probably ruin movie experience.

Before going further, please refer to the last post on the previous page.

And now, for spoilers, twists concerning Monkey King and Silent Monk, Jet has explained it in his blog.

I knew it!

SPOILERS

Silent Monk is a strand of hair transformed from Monkey King. And there's a further spoiler but that would probably ruin movie experience.

That's such a cool concept! I remeber that from the Shaw Bros. movie Monkey Goes West that I mentioned in the past, he'd take the hairs blow on them and they'd spawn new monkeys. Of course that's originally from the novel. (Journey to the West)

I agree the more of see of this movie the better it looks. I mean with Woo Ping, Jackie and Jet at least the fight scenes will be good. Also with a studio like Lionsgate and the Weinsteins...maybe they will actually devote a decent amount of screen time to the fights.