Martial artist bios

Jstn

What is the best site to get bios on the artists/actors in kung fu movies? I would love to read about some of these guys and girls.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think there should have been a wiki-like database for kung fu actors, where everyone could submit pieces on their favorites. Might get a lot of dodgy "facts" though, but it's really hard to find info on these guys when it's scattered all over the web and in several different languages.

That could potentially happen, if a lot of those in the know contributed. Wikipedia itself has info on so few movies/actors.

That brns.com bios seems to contain factual errors or what to call them. For instance, it implies that the first film Corey Yuen directed was No Retreat No Surrender. That we know is not true ofcourse. Maybe if they had mentioned what work he did in HK before he made nrns the credibility for that bios would be greater to me. I have only skimmed the bios so far tho so i might not give the rightful impression of brns.com. Might aswell be so that it's an isolated error and that most of the information is correct. Still a nice page tho.

TibetanWhiteCrane

No those bio's are nothing to go by! I applaud the effort by whoever made it! but they're not that knowledgeable!

Morgoth Bauglir

hmmm, I guess I have only looked at about 100 or so profiles, but I found it interesting. I especially liked the stuff on Yen Shi Kwan, just because it's stuff I didn't know about before.

Archived