The Judy Lee (aka Chia Ling) Thread

HAZ

Hi

Judy Lee AKA Chia Ling is pretty hot & she kicks major ass. How many of her films are floating around out there? I just got Imprudent Iron phoenix. Are there others I should check out? It sounds like "Imprudent" was a series, but I don't think the other films are available.

thanks

h

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vonhumboldtfleisher

As well as IRON SWALLOW (good call!) I'd strongly recommend QUEEN BOXER, AGAINST THE DRUNKEN CAT'S PAWS, CRANE FIGHTER, LADY KARATE, LANTERN STREET and THE FIERCE FIST. SUPERGIRL OF KUNG FU seems pretty good too, but the version I have is raw; and CRAZY ACROBAT looks good, although I haven't really watched it properly yet.

Avoid REVENGEFUL SWORDSWOMAN at all costs.

SamuraiDana

QUEEN BOXER is the one to get if you can find it. Easily Chia Ling's finest moment (her first film, too!).

Others I'd recommend:

IMPERIAL SWORD, aka THE BRAVE IN KUNG FU SHADOW - she has the leading role in this one, possibly my favorite of her films after QUEEN BOXER.

SHAOLIN MONK, aka KILLER PRIEST (title on the VHS edition I bought) - Chen Sing has the lead, but she has a good part.

IRON MONKEY II, aka DUEL AT THE TIGER VILLAGE - I don't remember her role in this one but I remember that I liked it.

LADY CONSTABLE - the only one I've seen in which she appears with Angela Mao. The two of them star, but the VHS copy I have is full-screen, English-dubbed and not a good copy. Apparently also called LADY KARATE

REVENGE OF THE PATRIOTS, aka THE MING PATRIOTS - she has a major role in this. She has to kill and cut open a real pig in one scene!

She has a good fight scene in EIGHT MASTERS, one of the Carter Wong 18 Bronzemen films.

She also pops up in another one in that cycle, BLAZING TEMPLE--she has a good scene at the beginning but then is gone for most of the film, which hurts the film.

She pops up in small roles in many lesser films as well.

ironfistedmonk

Lady Constables is one to definately check out, Judy Lee and Angie Mao as competing officers of the law trying to out do each other in taking down the bad guys, plus Chang Yi is the main bad ass villain

Lady Karate is an aka for Spy Ring Kokuryukai not Lady Constables, Judy plays a Japanese agent, it's an interesting film and I still haven't decided if I like it or not yet!

13 Evil Bandits aka Against Drunken Cats Paws aka No One Can Touch Her aka........... Judy does Drunken boxing, good film this one

Chivalrous Inn is another good one, she's alongside Carter Wong up against that man Chang Yi again.

vonhumboldtfleisher

Is LADY CONSTABLES the one where Judy and Angela are competing with a guy in white who keeps pulling out little scrolls which unfurl (accompanied by a little zoingy sound effect) to reveal largely untranslated Chinese writing? That got on my nerves a little.

CHIVALROUS INN sounds good.

ironfistedmonk

Yeah Champ Wang uses the pre-written comments he unfurls when needed instead of talking, I liked it I thought it was a nice gimmick

Guest Markgway

There were only two official IP films:

The Girl Named Iron Phoenix

The Imprudent Iron Phoenix

Both 1973.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

In the photos up top today I saw a pic of Judy Lee doing a very high extend leg kick.

Of course she is in the top tier of the great female leads in kung fu movies.

My questions are:

Is she a martial artist, if so what style?

Or a dancer, ballet or what?

Or a Peking Opera school prodigy?

Thanks,

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I found out that Angela Mao & Judy Lee were classmates in opera school.

Who was a star first?

Did they do movies together?

If so what were they in together?

GD Y-Y

For me this lady was excellent in every her movie that i saw. It is too bad that her movies Magic Ring & Flexible Judge Pao are still unseen but i`m sure that those two will show up sooner or later. However i decide to track down Juddy Lee for an interview so every help would be appriciated. According to our friends from FLK, she is running travel agency somewhere in LA, i hope that i`ll find her and get one nice interview.

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Tell me anything you all know about the great and lovely super star of kung fu screen Ms. Judy Lee AKA Chia Ling.

Judy%20Lee%20Wallpaper.jpg

snake-woman-s-marriage-judy-lee-chia-ling-dvd-1975-7be6.jpg

What movie is this pic from?

GD Y-Y

Tell me anything you all know about the great and lovely super star of kung fu screen Ms. Judy Lee AKA Chia Ling.

Judy%20Lee%20Wallpaper.jpg

snake-woman-s-marriage-judy-lee-chia-ling-dvd-1975-7be6.jpg

What movie is this pic from?

GD Y-Y

Snake Woman's Marriage

UTrfKyvPA7c

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG
Snake Woman's Marriage

UTrfKyvPA7c

Never saw this one thanks thekfc.

GD Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Sorry for repeating this thread, but still, thanks KFMCF.

Gd Y-Y

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

My favorite beginning of one of her movies is? 

That wine must have had Meow Mix in it. LOL!

Image result for chia ling AGAINST DRUNKEN CAT PAWS

Image result for cat kung fu

One More. LOL!

Related image

Not good quality but but Chia speaks.

Only interview on the WWW.

GD Y-Y

Archived