Yukari Oshima's best films?

Chinatown Kid

Chinatown Kid

I really liked Yukari Oshima's sexy bad girl performance in Angel and also thought she was hot and bad ass in Millionare's Express. The only other flick I've seen her in is Outlaw Brothers which was pretty good too. Is there any more worth seeing where she gets to show off her great fighting skills(from what I understand she is a Karate stylist) and what is considered her best films?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A Book of Heroes

Burning Ambition

Dreaming the Reality

Beauty Investigator

I enjoyed her performance in The Story of Ricky.

Kickboxer's Tears

Close Escape - nice fight vs Dick Wei

Book Of Heroes displays her skills like no other movie.

She has some good fights in Close Escape, Final Run and That's Money.I'd say these are the best in terms of fighting. Never Say Regret features some very good fights, but they're very brief.

Other very good films with her are Burning Ambition, Dreaming the Reality, Godfather's Daughter Mafia Blues and Angel Terminators 2, although not necessary because of Yukari's fights, just good films overall.

You can skip the rest

silver hermit

anyone ever see funny family??? is it good?? is there a good version around of it?

yukari always delivers the goods. i guess a better question would be when does she not shine in a film?

It's a stupid comedy with a couple of very god fights. Yukari has more of a cameo and she doesn't have any lines in the movie. She plays tennis and then has very short fight with the star of the movie (Xinmei Lan). Nothing special. Joy Sales has it on VCD

The Running Man

Pretty much anything he's done in HK.

I'd be interested though in what is worthwhile from his Japanese output.

The Running Man

Haha...that's what I get for quickly skimming a thread and not reading it carefully.

I was talking about "Yasuaki Kurata".

My bad...

silver hermit

not on anyones list but this is pretty awsome <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

silver hermit

not on anyones list but this is pretty awsome<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

silver hermit

and this too <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="

silver hermit

she should have been a bigger star. a lot of her fights are way too short. i get the feeling we never saw the best from her.

I really liked Yukari Oshima's sexy bad girl performance in Angel and also thought she was hot and bad ass in Millionare's Express. The only other flick I've seen her in is Outlaw Brothers which was pretty good too. Is there any more worth seeing where she gets to show off her great fighting skills(from what I understand she is a Karate stylist) and what is considered her best films?[/Q

final runs a preety good film that shows off some of here skills

also deadly target!!

silver hermit

another nice one <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pto5cKmRk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7pto5cKmRk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Chinatown Kid

Yukari is just my kind of chick, foxy but so cool and badass as well. That Phillip Ko is one lucky man, I wonder if they are still married?

Chinatown Kid

So you are saying they are still married then? Oh well, that's the way it goes. That relationship is like beauty and the beast, Ko definately won't win any most handsome contests. Guess he must have a great personality.:D

Archived