Intimate Confessions of a Chinese Courtesan (DVD - Image)

oldeschool17

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oldeschool17
I'll check the BB nearest me to see if they have this. I never bought the IVL one for whatever reason.

I almost didnt see it. I was at best buy today hoping they would have heroes 2 but saw this instead. Picked up a couple of non kf movies too. Dissapointed in one case but didnt walk out empty handed

I almost didnt see it. I was at best buy today hoping they would have heroes 2 but saw this instead. Picked up a couple of non kf movies too. Dissapointed in one case but didnt walk out empty handed

If yours has it then the one near me should have it, too. I'll ride out there tomorrow. Thanks for posting this. I had forgotten about this release.:)

Morgoth Bauglir

Thanks for the info Oldschool. I didn't think this came out for another week or so. I'm gonna check it out since I've never seen it.

oldeschool17

No prob fellas. i think other places and e-tailers are saying either next week or the 22nd for its release. Typical IMAGE fashion, on their website they list that it doesnt have a dub, but on the back cover and as you can see on the menu, theres a dub. Laziest sb distro ever

edit: Just saw on best buy that they had this listed for a release date of the 22nd. Oopsie on them!

mantis FIST

sweet. I will be picking this up tonight. Thanks for the headz up! Did not know this came out. I have never seen it so should be cool to have the english dub too!

Nice to know 'Chinese' is there in stereo. Truth is, both are dual mono in stereo.

Anyway, how's the transfer?

oldeschool17
Nice to know 'Chinese' is there in stereo. Truth is, both are dual mono in stereo.

Anyway, how's the transfer?

Typical interlacing thats quite evident during action scenes but not to the point that you cannot view the film. It's IMAGE, so you know exactly what you are getting into. See attached images for mentioned interlacing. If somebody could post some images from IVL or Siren for comparison, that would be great. I would imagine Siren would look better.

88848017fbb1ecf3.jpg

88848017fbb40fde.jpg

88848017fbb5ec7d.jpg

888480180127f2d2.jpg

88848018012a29d3.jpg

oldeschool17

Thats some dedication for a movie! I guess im just lucky to get them on time and in stock( i think they only had 2 copies of this when I was there). So maybe tosh will buy the other one :D

Damn I went to two best buys in two states and could not find this on dvd.

oldeschool17
Picked this up at BB today.

I havent watched it thru yet. Still got a backlog of other movies i need to watch. Lemme know what you think on it

INTIMATE CONFESSIONS with english dub. i will get this one for sure. now lets hope HUMAN LANTERNS has the english dub. yeeeeehaaaa

oldeschool17
If I remember correctly Linn said Human Lanters won't have the dub.

It will probably be cut too

Can someone verify this doesnt have the cuts the IVL does

What are the cuts? I never bought the IVL. Watched this last night and it's an excellent movie. As classy as an exploitation movie is ever going to get although at the end it went totally overboard with the gory excess; which isn't a bad thing! Can't believe I passed up seeing this on VHS years back. What a nice surprise.

Hell, yeah! I would have been pissed if after all the work I did finding the damn thing along with Seven if it wasn't used.

you found what?

The dub in the LOCongress holdings which allowed Image to help Celestial find it in their own archive.

Actually one cool thing I knew from Linn is that Brave Archer 4 WAS dubbed and does exist somewhere.

Archived