Monk's Fight (Casanova Wong)

rederror

Seen a clip of this and it looks pretty good. Does Casanova have a good role and are the fight sequences any good? oh and is it available? thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

Someone came on here once and posted screen caps and talked about how good it is. Made me pretty jealous:mad: I hope Rarescope still has plans to release this.

Casanova Wong- underused criminally. At least Warriors Two is one of the best movies in kung fu cinema.

ironfistedmonk

Alot of people rate this one highly but I didn't like it all that much, the cast was wasted IMO, none of the fights stood out for me. I have only seen the raw version tho so maybe I would think more highly of it if I knew what people were saying but the action didn't do anything for me.

Brigadier Chow

Indeed. This movie was hyped to death and did'nt deliver. Like IFM said, waste of a great cast. Rarescope can shelve it as far as I am concerned...

then maybe SWORD OF JUSTICE or something more worthy can be released.

I believe this movie was a mainland co-production? For some reason the choreography in this movie is a lot different than the other asian martial arts movies made during the time. The choreography feels a lot more Japanese or Hollywood-esque with a lot of short exchanges and camera cuts. There are above-average settings and locations (as is usual for a mainland film), and a good plot, but in the end the movie does suffer because of the action. Not enough of it and Casanova in particular doesn't get nearly enough to do. I'd still recommend seeing it for Casanova in his only white hair fox role and because its so goddamn different from everything else.

Monk's Fight wasn't that good 2nd time round. Apologies for over-hyping it once. I guess I was in a proper shapes mood that day and needed any old fix.

Archived