Angela Mao Ying will be in N.Y.C. in late June or early July 2008

wackiechan

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So... is anyone planning to go?

I know there's a lot of NYC heads in the house. I might drive up for this if others plan to attend.

However, my Mets are playing in Philly that holiday weekend and I might be going to PA for that....

so not sure of anything at this point.

We'll see....

I will be there.

And I know GoldenHarvestGreg will be first in line. lol

BTW, I haven't seen him post in a while.

Im there too! Does anyone know the exactly when Angela will be there? Will there be any photo ops & autograph session? Can't wait, this is good.

TheManInWhite

I missed the Lo Mang function in PA regrettably. Since this will be in my backyard, I'm without excuse. Sounds like a plan. :)

Chinatown Kid

I've always loved Angela Mao, not only is she pretty but she's also got the REAL martial arts skills to go with it.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Just watched BROKEN OATH yesterday, hadn't seen it for decades... and holy shitballs, that choreo was tight! Angela never looked better! I wish DD would pick this up, a real GH classic.

Does anyone know the exactly when Angela will be there? Will there be any photo ops & autograph session?
Ah yes, the two answers I'm looking for. I hope she'll be there on a weekend, otherwise I'm SOL.

Some might have seen this one already but if not...

here's a little page on her with some quickie breakdowns of her films:

http://www.angelfire.com/az/ying/

Plus, a lil zine clipping I cleaned up.

Spreken de deutch?

Articles states she was born in 1952 but other sources say 1950.

Anyone know what film the photo is from?

angiemao.jpg

So... is anyone planning to go?

I know there's a lot of NYC heads in the house. I might drive up for this if others plan to attend.

However, my Mets are playing in Philly that holiday weekend and I might be going to PA for that....

so not sure of anything at this point.

We'll see....

Oh come on the METS! That's not a reason. Shit, the Phillies aren't a reason and I'm from Philly lol

I'll be there!

lightning hopkins

Looks like info for the New York Asian Film Festival will be up at subwaycinema.com sometime soon. The organizers there say they'll have the site updated by the end of April -- and hopefully they'll be kind enough to include a lot more detail about the Angela Mao event...not to mention the all-important date.

Odd that the initial press release states that the event will feature two newly-discovered prints of AM films, while the subwaycinema.com blurb says instead that the planners are still mulling over which movies to show. Lady Whirlwind and Hapkido, anyone? Maybe Dragon Dynasty could work out some sorta product tie-in with their eventual DVD release of the latter that they've been promising for ages now. :cool:

Archived