Grindhouse Classics & Legendary Shockers

venoms5

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cant believe they took theyre names off Up The Academy. Classic in my book along with Weekend Pass and Up The Creek[believe this is the title- the one with the boat race and mikey the dog].

Yeah Liebman took his name off and I've never seen his name in the credits on any tapes or cable or television broadcasts of the film. The HBO showings (where I first saw the film) was missing any references to MAD Magazine and Alfred E. Neuman in addition to Liebman's name. Later, I bought a big box VHS tape of the film and it had the MAD logos and the cameo by Alfred at the end. The recent widescreen DVD has the MAD stuff as well but still no Liebman. Apparently, Bill Gaines was disenchanted with the raunchy nature of the script and was constantly at war with the writers. Some things were cut from the film in addition to some scripted nudity that either was cut from the film or was never shot. Wish there was a commentary track on the disc. Liebman was excellent in this movie as was everybody else. The acting was extraordinarily good.

UP THE CREEK is the one with the race as you said. I never saw WEEKEND PASS.

Archived