Lar Kar-leung article from 1976

teako170

Several years back, a forum poster (shawbros) posted the following article.

Don't know if he's still around but I recall SB as a longtime contributor to the forum.

I don't know the source of this material and unfortunately, never saved the scans to my PC.

I did, however, print out the forum pages (so as to read later).

Anyhow, I just came across those printed pages and re-scanned them.

This will explain why these scans are a bit muddy and why some pages are slightly clipped.

Thought a few of you might enjoy these. Will post the remainder as I scan and reattach them...

lkl1.jpg

lkl2.jpg

lkl3.jpg

lkl4.jpg

lkl5.jpg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got another 4/5 pages to upload.

I really wish I had the original scans (or better yet the original article).

The restaurant photo of the young LKL with his actual "Pops" is truly priceless.

lightning hopkins

Thanks a million! Vintage stuff like this is fantastic...

"They wanted to knead and break our balloons."?? This one has to go into the vault for posterity.

Here's the last 2 pieces of the puzzle. Once again, props to shawbros for originally scanning and posting. If anyone was wondering what the original thread was called: "Liu Chia-liang article (final update)."

Did a little research and discovered that Andre Lam met with LKL on Jan 10th & Jan 15th, 1976. The film is, of course, Challenge of the Masters and the "seizing of the firecracker" scene which the writer describes occurs twice in the film (once around 30 min and then in the final sequence).

The only other possible dates that the reporter could have met LKL would've been April 10/15, '76. This seems unlikely though because the film was released on May 7th and would have been in post-production at that stage. Also, press in both SS & HKMN for the film began in Dec '75 with some heavy coverage in January & March. Post some of those bits in a bit....

lkl8.jpg

lkl9.jpg

MILLION THANKS !!!

LKL is actually my Sigung and I see him every now and then..Im sure he doesnt have this and will be very happy about this...

U are a star for uploading this !

Cheers mate

LKL is actually my Sigung and I see him every now and then..Im sure he doesnt have this and will be very happy about this...

Nice! I hope you get the opportunity to present it to him.

BTW, enjoyed your interview w/ Sifu Mark.

Now, here's a few of those SS scans I mentioned....

January 1976

cotm1.jpg

...props to Carol

March 1976

cotm2.jpg

...props to Carol

Again many thanks..great to see old articles like this when some of these stars were in there prime..in fact i have a few old mags i might dig out and scan...

Blu ray dvd's..less than £10 new!,....click here!

Too good! Got to echo sentiments and say many thanks again. Longest I've spent with a thread in ages.

Archived