Three posters opinions?

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

I saw 3 Shaw Brothers movie posters of titles I have not seen talk about on this forums. Tell me about these films. Are they out yet on DVD.

1. WHAT PRICE HONESTY

2. THE SECRET OF THE DIRK

3. DEATH VALLEY

The poster with the most attraction to me is:

What Price Honesty.

Comments please. Thanks.

Golden Dragon Yin-Yang

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
mistertpitydafoo

What Price Honesty was talked about recently on the forums... http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5045

It's a good one.

The Secret of the Dirk I have but have yet to watch and Death Valley is in my next batch of Shaws showing up. Descriptions gathered from dddhouse.com and from ehit.com (a great us based "netflix-type" of rental service that has hundreds upon hundreds of IVL Shaw films of all genre's to rent, even many who are out of print, I am VERY satisfied with my 8 out at a time plan since I couldn't rent Shaw films from Netflix or Blockbuster Online) are posted below for you. I don't know how good they are personally because I need to see those two.

Death Valley: (DDDHOUSE.COM) Lo Wei wrote, directed, and co-starred in this tale of a murdered lord, a hired killer who unknowingly becomes friends with his intended victim, a vicious bandit chief, and a death duel which explodes into an ambush and then a slaughter. (EHIT.COM) Lo Wei was twenty years into his notable career when he wrote, directed, and co-starred in this tale of a murdered lord, a hired killer who unknowingly becomes friends with his intended victim, a vicious bandit chief, a kind blind woman, and a death duel which explodes into an ambush and then a slaughter. Star Yueh Hua would go on to an exceptional acting career, while Lo himself would give both Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan their "big breaks."

The Secret of the Dirk: (DDDHOUSE.COM) “Without a doubt,” it was written in the seminal Study Of The Swordplay Film, “Hsu Cheng-hung is one of the key figures in the Mandarin new style.” And this is both one of his key films and one of his last for Shaw Brothers. The lovely Ching Li and handsome Chang I star as star-and-sword-crossed comrades who take on the vicious Black Tigers gang in a quest for hidden wealth. There’s action galore, until the final, fiery fight in a temple of treasure.

I've seen some reviews of each online so if you want to know more just do a google search.

Ben Sanborn

GOLDEN DRAGON YIN-YANG

Your right ALL the Shaw Brothers you would want to see.

This is a great service. I have been poor of late but when I can I will rent from EHIT.COM. I really appreciate this contact.

Muchos Gracious MISTERPITYADAFOO interesting moniker.

G D Y-Y

mistertpitydafoo

For the Shaws you can't find at ehit.com I am doing a 2 out at a time for 16.99 from tigercinema.com which has lots of IVL shaws but nearly twice as many redsun type ones where there's a celestial quality widescreen video but no extras other than a trailer. I only experienced that with 7-man army which was shown as being IVL but was a bootleg type, but luckily I've rented about 15 others from them and all that showed being IVLs are indeed. I also joined cinflix.com for 4 out at a time, which is the 2nd best in my opinion. They have lots of out of prints that ehit doesn't such as golden swallow and sentimental swordsman but not nearly as many as ehit.com. I recommend you try at least ehit.com and cinflix.com. I am highly pleased and they have an advanced return feature to assure you are at least getting a new batch of movies each week. I am in no way connected to these companies I am just happy to talk about them because they have helped me get copies of shaw films that are out of print and that I couldn't obtain any other way and I have got to see many films that I probably would've taken years to see when I buy about 15-25 a month and my wallet was seriously starting to hurt after I got my collection to 200+.

I saw 3 Shaw Brothers movie posters of titles I have not seen talk about on this forums. Tell me about these films. Are they out yet on DVD.

1. WHAT PRICE HONESTY

2. THE SECRET OF THE DIRK

3. DEATH VALLEY

The poster with the most attraction to me is:

What Price Honesty.

Comments please. Thanks.

Golden Dragon Yin-Yang

There's a review for SECRET OF THE DIRK in the reviews section. All three of those are good, IMO.

Archived