Shaolin vs. Vampire

clayk

I was poking around on BCI's website, which is now redirecting to http://www.navarre.com/bci.aspx and saw within the contents of their June '08 release guide information that they will be releasing this film what looks to be June 10.

I'm not familiar with it, and thought I'd ask what others' opinions were on it and what the quality of the "Rarescope" releases have been up to this point.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vonhumboldtfleisher

Good question. It says Gordon Liu directed it, which is really confusing; I thought the only movies he directed were SHAOLIN AND WUTANG and DEADLY STRIKE. This looks pretty recent, though. Unhelpfully it gives the cast as 'Various'.

shaolinvampirecopy.jpg

The quality of the Rarescope releases is pretty good, but I don't know that they're being entirely honest when they say they're restored from negatives. A lot of them look like they're transferred from U-Matics and other broadcast tape formats. Looks like you can get a whole bunch of them in one package for cheap, too - FLICKS WITH KICKS - looks like a bargain for anyone who doesn't already have them individually.

I just noticed they spelled it 'Gorden'. Good job, fellas.

oldeschool17
Good question. It says Gordon Liu directed it, which is really confusing; I thought the only movies he directed were SHAOLIN AND WUTANG and DEADLY STRIKE. This looks pretty recent, though. Unhelpfully it gives the cast as 'Various'.

shaolinvampirecopy.jpg

The quality of the Rarescope releases is pretty good, but I don't know that they're being entirely honest when they say they're restored from negatives. A lot of them look like they're transferred from U-Matics and other broadcast tape formats. Looks like you can get a whole bunch of them in one package for cheap, too - FLICKS WITH KICKS - looks like a bargain for anyone who doesn't already have them individually.

I just noticed they spelled it 'Gorden'. Good job, fellas.

ROFL. Spellchecker was broke when they were trying to figure out the cast.

I might pick up flicks with kicks, although, the name sounds corny as hell.

Archived