Trailers released for "Wushu" starring Sammo Hung

Endsang

"Hippopotamus Films has added several videos of the movie 'Wushu' to Youtube, the latest of which are teaser trailer 1 and 2.

'Wushu' is produced by Jackie Chan, directed by Anthony Szeto and stars Sammo Hung, Wang Wen Jie, Liu Feng Chao, Mao Jun Jie, Zhang Jin..."

- http://www.wu-jing.org/happenings/archives/476-Wushu-the-Film-Trailers.html

Link to trailer 1 & 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig59pTxDX_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTGVtot9X04

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting -- Sammo seems to be reprising a teacher role similar to his earlier one in Painted Faces. I'll try to keep my expectations low though as modern Mainland martial arts films can be very hit and miss (Legend of the Dragon, anyone?) And hopefully most of the martial arts fights don't take place inside of a gymnasium in front of judges, especially the "final" one (such a format allows for less creativity in the fights).

Interesting fight scenes and from what I read, director Szeto is also the fight choreographer. Sammo looks like he hasn't lost a step at all. Can't wait for this one.

Looks interesting, great to see Sammo still in action, anybody know anything about the director?

Get into HD...UK Bargains here!

Antony Szeto is a wushu champion hailing from Australia. He lived in China for 3 years, where he studied wushu and was a member of Australia's Wushu Team in 1988. He is a known stuntman and actor, appeared as a fighter in 1992's American Samurai. He did a CGI animated film out of Hong Kong called DragonBlade and this marks his first live action film. Szeto choreographed the film's fight scenes as well.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0844038/

Maybe with the movie coming out, I am considering doing a profile of him right here on KungFuCinema.com

Look's hot! What I like is how the expo shots seem very unhinged and gritty :cool: Not so polished, looks like a good film. That's gonna be this film's big MA film. And it's about time, we haven't had a good one in a while.

TheGrimReaper

I saw these trailers also and I think that it looks too good to be true. As if the old way of filmmaking has return to Hong Kong cinema in a big way... Will wait for the oficial release of this movie :) Cheers

I think Wushu might be coming out in July, but not sure as of yet. I did a profile of Antony Szeto on the main page.

Chinatown Kid

Wow, this definately looks like my kind of action in this film. Can't wait to see it!

Wow, this definately looks like my kind of action in this film. Can't wait to see it!

Mee too, what's the release date again?

That looks great. Nice to see Sammo in a new leading role. Isn't Wu Ma in this film as well?

I didn't realize it was being produced by Jackie either, thats even better.

Can't wait to see this one. Thanks for the links to the trailer.

Mark Pollard

I am guessing that Jackie has little to do with the production but lent his name to help with financing and distribution. Before he and Sammo got on board the movie was budgeted at $1.5 million and afterwards the budget was reportedly tripled. Still good news though. It's nice to see the vets helping out what may potentially be the next generation of Chinese martial arts talent.

It's nice to see the vets helping out what may potentially be the next generation of Chinese martial arts talent.

And we're WELL overdue for some. I'm not talkin about Aaron Kwok or Ekin Cheng. We need some good actors who are amazing martial artists like the old days! Even Jackie said in an interview on the Rob-B-Hood DVD that they've become harder and harder to find.

I like this new wave of more dramatic and realistic MA that's coming lately. This one, Muy Thai Chaia (i think that's what it's called) from Thailand, Black Belt from Japan - I can't wait.

Archived