Had Huang Chien-Lung remained at shaws?

Jesse Smooth

Jesse Smooth

Instead of becoming 'Bruce Le', do you think he would have been a star on his own talents? I mean he was actually a decent fighter. As he studied Hung Fist and Karate as well as snake fist and a few other southern styles. Would he have been in the same caliber as Chi Kuan Chun or a Wong Tao (I know he wasn't SB) or a Gordon Liu?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morgoth Bauglir

His fighting skills are alright. I don't know exactly how to explain this, but his face bugs me. And he's a terrible actor. I guess there's a chance he could have become a star at Shaw Brothers if he was under the right direction, but I doubt it.

Instead of becoming 'Bruce Le', do you think he would have been a star on his own talents? I mean he was actually a decent fighter. As he studied Hung Fist and Karate as well as snake fist and a few other southern styles. Would he have been in the same caliber as Chi Kuan Chun or a Wong Tao (I know he wasn't SB) or a Gordon Liu?

Hell no! Not a chance in the deepest, darkest pits of hell. He luck'd out when someone saw him and felt he looked like Bruce Lee. No charisma on screen, and like Morgoth said he is a terrible actor. I've not seen one of his movies where I felt he was the only one who could've played said roles, he was someone who was completely expendable.

The directors and producers over at Shaws had an eye for talent and if there was a chance of him being Gordon Liu(LOL) they would've tried to make him a star.

vonhumboldtfleisher

I think he's one of the worst actors in the business. Just unbearable. He has really weird eyes and his facial expressions are almost painful to behold. He moves well, but you can't really base a career as a leading man on that alone.

ironfistedmonk

He's a shockingly bad actor who made a career out of having a very vague resemblance to Bruce Lee and is one of the main reasons why I have stayed away from the clone movies for so long. His kung fu skills are alright but so are the skills of 1000's of un-heralded stunt guys, I saw a clip of a movie where he was surrounded by about 4 cobras and he was supposed to be showed as having the speed to beat the cobras, I have to admit I was hoping he got bit bad! :eek:

Hey, unless you've got something funny to say. Keep quiet. Ta.

Hey MGW,no sense of humor? These guys always breakin' balls over my beloved BL, and you're not gonna go and get all sensitive on me are ya?:P

Huang Chien Lung blows.

BOO!

I don't think even staying at Shaw Brothers would have helped him. I think he would always play a support role in the vain of Infra-Man, and I'm guessing he did the Bruce Le schtick because he wanted to be a lead actor. I'm glad Ho Chung-Tao denounced the Bruce Li name, even though everyone and their mamas will know Ho as Bruce Li.

Guest Markgway

I would never disrespect Bruce Lee... but the others have it coming.

Bruce Pee was my comment on the ludicrous nature of cloning.

I never slagged you off personally, did I?

I would never disrespect Bruce Lee... but the others have it coming.

Bruce Pee was my comment on the ludicrous nature of cloning.

I never slagged you off personally, did I?

No man... I was being sarcastic. I'm not offended and hope I haven't offended you.

Bruce Le has offended us all!

:D

Archived