a Shaw Brothers star is Tony Leung's father?

mark187

on an Asian cinema quiz on facebook, I came across a question which asks which former Shaw Bros. star is also the father of Tony Leung Chiu-Wai. according to the answer, David Chiang is his father. I've never heard of this before, does anyone know if this is true? I've read that Tony grew up in a poor family, and his fathr left him at an early age.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

David Chiang is only 15 years older than Tony Leung Chiu-Wai. I've never heard this before either, and I don't think his father was a shaw bros star. Maybe the guy got the Tony Leungs mixed up. :)

yeah, I was thinking the same thing. afterwards, I checked out his birthdate I think it was 1947. I'm pretty sure this is some kind of mistake

David Chiang is only 15 years older than Tony Leung Chiu-Wai. I've never heard this before either, and I don't think his father was a shaw bros star. Maybe the guy got the Tony Leungs mixed up. :)

Wouldn't the other Tony Leung's (Ka Fai, Siu Hung, Hung Wah) both be older than Chiu Wai?

Wouldn't the other Tony Leung's (Ka Fai, Siu Hung, Hung Wah) both be older than Chiu Wai?

Hehe yeah, but I thought mainly about the person having a father who was a former shaw star, rather than who David Chiang's son could be.

Archived