Information about these 2 films

froffeecoffee

froffeecoffee

I was looking for some information about 2 films for someone that will be showing them in a couple of months on the big screen.

One is called Shadow of the Dragon, it's a 1970s kung fu film starring Michael Heung.

The other is called Black Belt. The only information at this time is that there are scenes with guys in safari hats.

Any information about their real titles, directors, the studio that made them, stars, or any facts about their production will be greatly appreciated. The owner of these films is looking for anything about these movies to share with the audience.

Thanks to everyone's help.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vonhumboldtfleisher

BLACK BELT is probably the rare basher with Ma Cheung and perennial Shaolin abbott O Yau Man. I don't know anything about it other than it was released in 1973. The same year, Pai Ying was in a film called THE BLACK BELT, but I don't think that's the one you're looking for because the Ma Cheung movie has guys in safari hats in the poster/cover art (I think).

I'm pretty sure SHADOW OF THE DRAGON is on one of those trailer compilations - Celluloid Fury or Bruce Lee Mania or something. No idea what its real title is, though, or who "Michael Heung" actually is.

Projectaka.com is usually great for this kind of thing, but they're coming up empty-handed this time.

I'm pretty sure SHADOW OF THE DRAGON is on one of those trailer compilations - Celluloid Fury or Bruce Lee Mania or something. No idea what its real title is, though, or who "Michael Heung" actually is.

Michael Heung is actually Charles Heung, whose father was the founder of the Sun Yee On Triad and ex-husband of Betty Ting Pei, the actress whose apartment where Bruce Lee died. Charles has said up and down he had no affiliation with his father's gang.

Currently, Charles is the founder of Chinastar Entertainment, and works alongside current wife Tiffany Chen.

vonhumboldtfleisher

Oh...! It's the Saint of Killers! Thanks for that. So would that make SHADOW OF THE DRAGON the SB basher THE BIG FELLOW?

vonhumboldtfleisher

Wow. Good detective work. They have a cool poster over at hkcinemagic, too:

big_showdown2_459c63c2a48f4f045bd476a0b8d67c03.jpg

Morgoth Bauglir

That movie is the shit. Probably my second favorite basher behind One Armed Boxer.

froffeecoffee

Thanks to everyone for the information. The theater owner really appreciates the info and will be going through the reels to see if it's accurate. Again thanks.;)

I just checked HKMDB and the original title for SHADOW OF THE DRAGON is actually THE MAGNIFICENT BOXER, released in 1973. It was Heung's first lead role.

hivCTtZKEjA

Archived