Conspiracy(Val Kilmer)

Bravery

An ex-marine, scarred mentally and physically by the Iraqi war, receives a phone call from a comrade to visit him in New Mexico but when he arrives everyone denies his friends existence in the town.

It takes a half hour of flash backs to get to this, flash backs that are there to make you understand the friendship between Kilmer and Miguel(missing friend), but the flash backs come across tedious and sometimes misplaced-- simply time fillers.

The main bad guy Rhodes(Gary Cole) makes no secret that he is the antagonist and I loved it-- wished more films would do this.

The entire film seems to just float along from scene to scene as an excuse to go from scene to scene. But, with all the problems that this film has, and it has plenty that can't really be talked about without spoiling the movie, it was somewhat enjoyable.

I think Kilmer was a great actor, but that didn't make this a great movie. If you come across it on a Saturday morning on U.S.A network it is worth a watch. I bought this film and it is not worth a purchase, maybe not even a rental.

A film full of forgettable characters and even more forgettable action scenes I can not recommend this to anyone, not even Kilmer fans.

***** out of **********

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived