What Price Honesty / 目無王法 (1981)

Guest Donnie1974

Guest shaolin student

Peri,

I, also want to apologies to you for my disrespect. You are entitled to your opinion and I do not have the right to question your opinion. I said some mean spirited stuff and I'm ashamed of myself. Please accept my apology. By the way you write excellent reviews...keep up the good work!!! I, also want to apologies to my brothers and sisters at Kung fu Fandom for my behavior.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peringaten

Serious? You're alright, Studenty guy; very gracious of you... Good stuff fella! Internet drama, hey... It's all just a laugh and a bit of silly fun.

No probs! Don't worry about it. Let's question each others' opinions, just civilly and without lunging at each other too hastily for whatever reason... No need for unnecessary compliments or abuse, let's just respect each other if we can do that... Get some understanding up in here... We all get a bit silly now and again!

Guest peringaten

Yay! I love a happy ending! Well, actually I usually like a freezeframe post-abdominally ruptured hero staggering to a heroic end whilst his foes lay slain from all the kunginess... But this'll have to do...

Guest Ivy Ling Po

This reminds me of the time when I posted that I liked Portrait In Crystal so someone went and bought it but disliked it. It's all a matter of personal taste. Recommendations are for our guidance only. Well I went to buy What Price Honesty based on the recommendation and loved it.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Hey Shaolin Student, if you didnt care for "What Price Honesty" would you please sell me your copy? I would very much like to see it myself. LMK!! :)

Guest drunkenmantis13

If you read a review praising a movie and instantly buy it, then it's obviously your problem if you don't like it! He made it clear it was to HIS liking. Anyway why would you blindly trust a reviewer when you don't know his tastes much if at all?

Yeah Peri, please keep up these posts like WPH, Daredevils and HPoDS once in a time. They bring some fun, discussion and different views to films some wouldn't even notice!

Guest jmungus
Yeah Peri, please keep up these posts like WPH, Daredevils and HPoDS once in a time. They bring some fun, discussion and different views to films some wouldn't even notice!

attention: peri is overhyping the daredevils

rumour has it, hes on the mona fong payroll now

:eek :hat

Guest tino

I liked What Price Honesty. Pai Piao vs Lo Leih in the prison was a pretty cool fight and I was a little shocked/surprised at the ending. I definately enjoyed it more than Pursuit of Vengeance.

Guest peringaten

Dear Mr. Jmungus

Unfortunately, it has come to our attention that you are under-hyping The Daredevils.

We regret to inform you that you do not know your kung fu movies.

Yours Sincerely,

Mr. Peringaten.

P.A., Mona Fong Associates & Co.

Guest jmungus

:rollin

if u know that i dont know my kf movies, does that imply that YOU know MY kf movies ? :x

dammit, why havent u started overhyping them yet ? dont waste your time overhyping shao-dare, hurry hurry, theres a whole bunch left waiting to be overhyped.

my regards to old mona

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Alright, jmungus you know I can't help this, brethren of this opinion humiliate the oposing opinions at all costs. If you must give your life to do so so be it!!!

Death to individuals speaking their ilk.

i remember being slighted intentionally by a few "so called" established members of this forum for posting excitedly about films I adored.

peringaten, f'ck them. If you've nothing good to say at least (the very least) keep it constructive.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

That's, if THEY'VE nothing good to say, they should at least keep it constructive. Keeping it civil, as though you were speaking face to face, wouldn't be so bad either. :D

Guest Donnie1974

Initially I didn't buy this movie, because I thought it was a thriller and not a kungfu movie. Because of Peringaten's review I changed my mind and bought it. Yesterday I watched WPH and I must also confirm that this movie certainly is well worth the money. The story is compelling and the action is great! I don't think it's a classic but it is a really good movie. Recommended to anyone who likes sweet gritty revenge.

Guest goliamoto

I love this movie!! Watched it twice in less than 24 hours. Pai Piao is becoming one of my favourite actors .

Guest rindge

After all the chatter on this board about this film, I finally decided to pick up this flick. Let me first say this film is a not a kung fu movie. It is a drama that has some fight scenes. I have to thank the originator of this thread for discussing the film, otherwise I would have not picked it up. I did enjoy the movie. Damn tragic. For some reason when watching this film, I thought about infernal affairs. It must have been hard to cover the sadi subject matter in said time frame. Hats off to the director for pulling it off. The ending was not as good as it could have been, but nonetheless a good flick. Those of you looking for a kung-fu film, should look elsewhere, but those of you looking for a good film with good fight scenes (when they exist) will enjoy.

Morgoth Bauglir

Get it. I don't remember the action being all that great, but it's pretty dark. I like dark movies so it fit my tastes. Pai Paio gets put through hell, and the ending is really good. I would give it a rating of 4/5.

Chen Kuan Tai
Get it. I don't remember the action being all that great, but it's pretty dark. I like dark movies so it fit my tastes. Pai Paio gets put through hell, and the ending is really good. I would give it a rating of 4/5.

Thx, pretty dark? how you mean, bloody or what?

I am interested in it because Lo Lieh is starring in. The title sounds a bit mysterious. Is the celestial dvd uncut?

Morgoth Bauglir

What I mean by dark in the case of this movie is that a lot of bad things happen, to the hero of the movie specifically. Pai Paio wants to do the right thing as a police officer, but his superiors are evil and don't like him and things keep getting worse and worse for him. Lo Lieh has a good role. I should clarify myself saying the action isn't all that great. Its good, just not spectaculr or anything. The style of fighting actually fits with the movie, and the choreography is good. Overall, it's a top notch movie.

Chen Kuan Tai
What I mean by dark in the case of this movie is that a lot of bad things happen, to the hero of the movie specifically. Pai Paio wants to do the right thing as a police officer, but his superiors are evil and don't like him and things keep getting worse and worse for him. Lo Lieh has a good role. I should clarify myself saying the action isn't all that great. Its good, just not spectaculr or anything. The style of fighting actually fits with the movie, and the choreography is good. Overall, it's a top notch movie.

Thx, still good for me, I will buy it. :)

Morgoth Bauglir

Yeah definitely pick it up. Even if you don't like it for some reason, stick around for the ending. It's something that will stay with you for awhile. Hard to explain, I don't want to give it away.

Chen Kuan Tai
Yeah definitely pick it up. Even if you don't like it for some reason, stick around for the ending. It's something that will stay with you for awhile. Hard to explain, I don't want to give it away.

Yeah, it looks mysterious and awaiting to watch. :cool:

There are so many unknown sb flicks which have their own good moments and this is what sb makes the difference of other collections. :)

ironfistedmonk

I'll add my recommendation for this one too, good film and like Morgoth says the action is good but its not the stylised action like in the shapes films its a more "realistic" down to earth style if that makes sense!

Archived