Li Ching (1948 - )

HAZ

Mark Pollard

The Shaws knew how to pick their leading ladies.

Cheng Pei-pei

Li Ching

Ching Li

Lily Li

Lily Ho

Lin Chen-chi

...and many more

We keep this discussion up and I may have to move my "top 10 babes of kung fu" article to the top of my to-do list.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I thought the finest looking girl in SB movies I don't know her name? but she's in The Rescue (lover of Bolo) and Oath of Death (lover of Tien Feng).

man I swear that latter movie is just outright insane in some parts ;)

Hi Shinobi

That's Ling Ling. Her sister is the Shaw star Fanny.

Ling Ling is a bit plump too like Li Ching.

I guess that's because they're short.

Only Lily Ho is tall.

Chinatown Kid

Shih Szu was another hottie that had such a pretty face. She co-starred with David Chiang in the Shaw/Hammer co-production Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.

How is this girl plump?????? Where are the pics of fat Li Ching?

He may be saying she's a little thicker than the average Chinese girl, we'd call it curvy here in the States:p, one thing I noticed when I was in China is people are really thin.

Shih Szu was another hottie that had such a pretty face. She co-starred with David Chiang in the Shaw/Hammer co-production Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires.

Yes indeed, she's a cutie. I just watched Seven Golden Vampires again a couple weeks ago, and she looks especially great in that one.

Shih Szu has the most incredible eyes! That's what always stood out about her to me. I loved her in The Young Avenger!

I'll take her anytime!:D

Hi Dragon

If you want to see Shih Szu's original eyes, try The Crimson Charm or The Lady Hermit.

Winfred, is that to imply she had the famous eye surgery? ala Jackie and many others?

Hi Dragon

Just spin those 2 movies and look out for Shih Szu. There's no doubt that Ivy Ling Po, Li Ching, Lily Ho & Shih Szu all had plastic surgery to enhance their looks. In The Lady Hermit, Shih Szu's eyes suddenly became big in the pagoda finale.

Mark Pollard

That eye surgery is possibly more common than Botox injections or breast implants in Hollywood. It would be interesting to find a study of this phenomenon. I would like to know how pervasive it is and where it started.

It's nothing unusual, of course. Every culture has it's obsession with "perfecting" the body. In Iran, for instance, it's common for people to have plastic surgery on their noses.

I bet the women in Hong Kong cinema have always been under intense pressure to conform to local standards of beauty. Consider that many of the actresses over the years started out as beauty pageant contestants.

Chinatown Kid
That eye surgery is possibly more common than Botox injections or breast implants in Hollywood. It would be interesting to find a study of this phenomenon. I would like to know how pervasive it is and where it started.

It's nothing unusual, of course. Every culture has it's obsession with "perfecting" the body. In Iran, for instance, it's common for people to have plastic surgery on their noses.

I bet the women in Hong Kong cinema have always been under intense pressure to conform to local standards of beauty. Consider that many of the actresses over the years started out as beauty pageant contestants.

I find this whole business of Asian woman having surgery on their eyes to look more western rather strange. I think the shape of an Asian woman's eyes is one of the reasons that makes them attractive and unique so don't understand why they would want to change them. It would be like us westerners changing our eyes from being round to a more oriental look. Still, before or after eye surgery, woman like Shih Szu and Li Ching are still beautiful in my book.

I find this whole business of Asian woman having surgery on their eyes to look more western rather strange. I think the shape of an Asian woman's eyes is one of the reasons that makes them attractive and unique so don't understand why they would want to change them. It would be like us westerners changing our eyes from being round to a more oriental look. Still, before or after eye surgery, woman like Shih Szu and Li Ching are still beautiful in my book.

I totally agree CK, I think it's ridiculous as I find Asian(girls:D) eyes to be very sexy. I know the Asian news anchors here in the US get this done, but I didn't realize they were doing this that far back, I'm totally against this:(

It has nothing to do with looking more Western. Since the days of ancient China, women who were fairer, bigger eyes have always been considered the epitome of beauty. This is why until today when you go visit the Far East, every woman is obsessed of being as fair skinned as she can. You often see women walk down the street with umbrellas on in the hot sunny Summer days.

http://www.womensenews.org/article.cfm/dyn/aid/1950/context/cover/

This is an article on blepharoplasty, I only skimmed the article but it say's that 125,000 of these prcedures where performed in 2000. It also said that the surgery does have its roots in hollyywood and asian women trying to conform to someone elses feeling of what is beautiful.

It is kind of sad when I read about women of different nationalities feeling they need to change what makes them special, different and beautiful to make themselves look like different races. But, this trend can only be blamed on men for not appreciating women that we know for who they, oggling women on t.v, and not telling them they are perfect just the way they are.

Also, I have the double eye lid, it aint all it's cracked up to be. Eye lashes always breaking off and such, getting into my eyes.

Double eye lids and bigger eyes are always what the concept of "beauty" since the days of ancient China. Now that you can actually pay for it, of course all those who can afford it won't even question it twice. Cosmetic surgeries in Asia are also much cheaper than in the Western countries with better quality results on average.

I want to see "Sexy Playgirls" & "Sexy Girls Of Denmark", just because of the titles. Those sound awesome.

I saw the S'pore version, heavily censored though. so miss out on alot.

Wonder whether u can get HK version anywhere.

Niceeee call, HAZ. She is one of the MAIN reasons why I'm going to Europe this December.

Li Ching is without doubt a bit of an enigma.

A "Britney Spears" of the Shaw Bros. studio that got thrust into the spotlight at a young age,

became a sensation nearly overnight,

entangled in a bittersweet relationship with one of Shaw's biggest rising stars,

and then as fast as her star rose ... she was cast aside.

A sad tale really. A woman who has shunned the media for all these years.

I'm glad she's joined the Euro Tour.

She's a woman whom should not be forgotten and I hope she will open up "the vaults" to her fans.

Absolutely. IvyLingBo (forum member, not singer) was a big fan of hers and listed several of her best films.

Susanna is one of these films but I have yet to see this one.

Rockin' flick! A definite must-see people.

So far, I've only seen about a dozen of her films but on the lookout for more.

Couple scans to whet the appetite....

deadend.jpg

eagleking.jpg

Props to Carol...

Not sure which upcoming star you are refering to,

What I heard was she was involved with a big shot.

Yup, cannot forget her, always a fan.

Archived