Li Ching (1948 - )

HAZ

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oldeschool17
Hi,

Watching "Have Sword Will Travel", which is just okay, nothing special. Ching Li is hot, tho. Discuss.

h

I thought she needed to lay off the pork buns.:D

Mark Pollard

Come on now Haz, you can't bring up that topic and not include a pic for us to gander at. Edit: I don't have any LI Ching pics handy so CHING Li will have to do.

147e85de7cce4e.jpg

147e85de7ec61b.jpg

Mark Pollard

Looking good. Here's a lobby card pic I previously used for KFC's Myspace page, also from 14 AMAZONS.

147e867552eac4.jpg

I want to see "Sexy Playgirls" & "Sexy Girls Of Denmark", just because of the titles. Those sound awesome.

She was the crippled kung fu swordswoman in Lo Wei's Shaw swan song VENGEANCE OF A SNOW GIRL (1971), too.

Mark Pollard

HK Cinemagic has a sizable collection of pics:

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=2297

There's a whole forum devoted to her at the site below with more pics and info:

http://sblingpo.proboards21.com/index.cgi?board=liching

This is the only pic I found on that forum that was genre-related. It's from THE GOLDEN LION (1975). She definitely has those eyebrows working overtime.

147e86dc608261.jpg

ironfistedmonk
I thought she needed to lay off the pork buns.:D

Thats a bit harsh! Li Ching is hot, she's not one of those skinny twigs that would snap in a strong wind, she's nicely rounded for me and in no way overweight, mmmmmm pork buns

Thats a bit harsh! Li Ching is hot, she's not one of those skinny twigs that would snap in a strong wind, she's nicely rounded for me and in no way overweight, mmmmmm pork buns

My sentiments exactly! Leave the David Chiang figure on David Chiang :D

Oh, and I'd have to agree that Have Sword, Will Travel is a real classic.

I adore Li Ching. My fave SB actress so far...

And I, too, think that Have Sword, Will Travel indeed is "a freakin masterpiece"...:-)

Niceeee call, HAZ. She is one of the MAIN reasons why I'm going to Europe this December.

Li Ching is without doubt a bit of an enigma.

A "Britney Spears" of the Shaw Bros. studio that got thrust into the spotlight at a young age,

became a sensation nearly overnight,

entangled in a bittersweet relationship with one of Shaw's biggest rising stars,

and then as fast as her star rose ... she was cast aside.

A sad tale really. A woman who has shunned the media for all these years.

I'm glad she's joined the Euro Tour.

She's a woman whom should not be forgotten and I hope she will open up "the vaults" to her fans.

Eyebrows are intense. I'm looking at her filmography. She was in a ton of movies

Absolutely. IvyLingBo (forum member, not singer) was a big fan of hers and listed several of her best films.

Susanna is one of these films but I have yet to see this one.

She was the crippled kung fu swordswoman in Lo Wei's Shaw swan song VENGEANCE OF A SNOW GIRL (1971), too.
Rockin' flick! A definite must-see people.

So far, I've only seen about a dozen of her films but on the lookout for more.

Couple scans to whet the appetite....

deadend.jpg

eagleking.jpg

Props to Carol...

I never knew so many people liked have sword will travel. I rented it from the library. Its just okay. I wish I liked it more. I don't think I can be arsed to even burn a copy of it, though. There's some okay tension betweeen David Chiang & Li Ching, but it's not enough. Li Ching is fine as hell, tho. I read on that other board that Li Ching was fat in The Three Smiles. How fat could she have been?

Come on now Haz, you can't bring up that topic and not include a pic for us to gander at. Edit: I don't have any LI Ching pics handy so CHING Li will have to do.

147e85de7cce4e.jpg

147e85de7ec61b.jpg

Ching Li is FOINE too. In that last pic she looks a bit like Lily Li.

Archived