Death Note

daisho2004

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

death note was one of THE lows of the past year for me.

a horribly conceived and directed POS movie dragging the hell outta itself.

acting`s equally tired and shitty (excuse my french) for the most part.

2nd part (DN: the last name) was considerably better (= quite watchable aka 4.2/10).

if u wanna watch a slow tv-movie type mumbo jumbo anime-adaptation, this is the one for u. (2/10)

OK Yakuza954 is the Anime movie the same name?

And jmungus, there were 2 parts to this movie? From your review it isn't even worth a look huh?

I guess these films are already out on DVD, now I get a different review on these films. Looks like I'll have to give them a watch after all.

Yeah, except it's a series. One of the best anime I've seen in the past few years.

And jmungus, there were 2 parts to this movie? From your review it isn't even worth a look huh?

im not the biggest j-movie expert slash lover in the world, yet im relatively accustomed to japanese film making to make a proper judgment (from my perspective; which focuses predominantly on screenplay/direction/pacing/structure, photography and [believability/authenticity/interaction/coolness-factor of the] characters).

sheer popcorn/40/blunt-entertainment-values do count a lot as well.

i dont know the anime but ive read the manga (which i liked).

death note has lame cam angles and cheap lighting.

it moves along at a snails pace, tellin 90% of the whole plot within the first 20 or so mins (what a terrible, terrible flaw, imho).

tatsuya fujiwara couldnt act in battle royal and he hasnt improved since. PLEASE nobody tell me this kid got acting chops lol. other actors`contribution range from annoying to tired to mildly engaging.

heather locklear movies from the 80s show more cinematographical potential hands down.

i can see this franchise work a lil better as a tv mini-series, split up into 30 mins episodes.

as for 'the last name', it wasnt hard for it 2 to exceed its predecessors quality, but they did manage to tighten stuff up in regards to structure and pace, so its not a total turd.

do not spend money on this (yawner) blindly!

Archived