Did anyone else know about this version of Drunken Master?

INCspot

I came across this by chance on HKFlix not too long ago - an R0 NTSC DVD of the original "Drunken Master" with a complete Cantonese audio track and English subtitles (and the Columbia Tristar version of the English language track, not the classic one).

I just watched it yesterday, and it's not false advertising. The Cantonese track is complete, and the picture quality is pretty sharp. The subtitles are pretty decent and easy to read, minus a few flukes here and there. But for those who wanted a DVD of Drunken Master with the complete Cantonese language track, here you go!

http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.540377/qx/details.htm

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
oldeschool17

since its a panmedia release its:

1)bootleg

2)im guessing they ripped off the hkl version and sync'd it up with the old english dub

Chinatown Kid

He said it had the new English dub that is found on the Columbia/TriStar version so I don't doubt it might be a direct boot of it as well.

It's a rip of the French DVD (which doesn't have great picture compared to Columbia), an allegedly improperly converted transfer, whilst the subtitles are a mixture of theatrical and dubtitles.

oldeschool17
He said it had the new English dub that is found on the Columbia/TriStar version so I don't doubt it might be a direct boot of it as well.

oh doh, read that wrong. thanks for the correction

Chinatown Kid

Your welcome Sir. Looks like we were right about it being a boot but both wrong in what disc it was a boot of since chen lung states it's a boot of the French disc. :)

Archived