Rival of the Kickboxer? Anyone heard of this?

Morgoth Bauglir

Morgoth Bauglir

I saw this is gonna be on Telemundo Sunday night at 11PM CST. Anyone heard of it? It says it stars Cassanova Wong and Peter Lee. I remember someone said they saw Rivals of the Silver Fox on Telemundo once. God I hope it's not that movie.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first impression was that the title sounded like an IFD film - the kind that take a martial arts movie and insert Godfrey Ho scenes in them. Telemundo has shown quite a few of these. Could this be an aka for Ninja Holocaust?

Morgoth, sad to say, it is Rivals of the Silver Fox. Sometimes on Telemundo or Telefutura, they change the title of certain movies.

Here's a few I remember vividly:

Rapid Fire (1992) Brandon Lee - Furia de Venganza (Fury of Vengeance)

Latin Dragon (2004) Fabian Carillo - Justicia del Dragon (Justice of the Dragon)

Black Mask 2: City of Masks (2002) Andy On - Mascara Negra 2: La Noche de la Bestias (Black Mask 2: Night of the Beasts)

Morgoth Bauglir

Dammit! THat really sucks. Thanks for the info. Well, next week at 9:00 AM they are showing Kung Fu Kid. I hope it's the one with Cheung Lik. That guy is awesome.

The sypnosis said its about two rival kick boxing gyms fighting each other and one of the kicboxers getting revenge for his murdered girlfriend. If it truly is Rivals of the Silver fox than it's one of the worst name changes I can think of.

I also remember Tartana being advertised as "Reincarnation of the Dragon".

I know it is Rivals of the Silver Fox because I watched it on Telemundo last month ;) I agree Yakuza...it is one of the worst name changes ever.

Morgoth Bauglir

Noooooooooo

I was hoping you would say something like "I'm not 100% sure", but you didn't Albert.

I knew it wasn't Ninja Holacaust. My luck isn't that good. :mad:

Archived