US version of The Myth

INCspot

Is there any difference between the US release of "The Myth" and the original Chinese version? Inaccurate translations, cut scenes, anything like that? Or did they not change anything this time?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One Armed Boxer

I'm completely against the way US distributors have a tendency to cut asian films...but I think in the case of The Myth it may actually be a blessing in disguise! As a massive Jackie Chan fan I found getting to the end of this mess of a movie arduous to say the least, I wish I could say it was worth waiting for!

I remember I wrote an article about what I like to call "Hong Kong Films Dismembered in the U.S." on my old High Impact site. I'll see if I can find a copy of the article on my disk. I was upset at how these US distributors like to think we still live in the 1970's, where it was accepted at the time, but we live in a brand new generation!!!

Guest mediaguy

It is a shame (on most films) the way the films are cut supposedly to provide a more palatable product for US audiences .... again, who are these audiences .... US .... and we don't want the films cut ... so why do it? Especially if a film isn't released in US theaters .. makes no sense to me.

The Running Man
I'm completely against the way US distributors have a tendency to cut asian films...but I think in the case of The Myth it may actually be a blessing in disguise! As a massive Jackie Chan fan I found getting to the end of this mess of a movie arduous to say the least, I wish I could say it was worth waiting for!

Well I disagree. I enjoyed the original version of The Myth. :)

I have to agree with that this movie was a HUGE disappointment. The effects were so so but the overall movie was a mess. I didn't care for the action or story. Just like The Tuxedo, both movie had potential but it was squandered.

littlefuzzy

Was it the theatrical version of the movie that was cut (if it was shown in US theaters) or the DVD?

If the DVD is cut, what is a good version to get?

Archived