Legendary Assassin / 狼牙 (2008)

Elhcay

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
doug maverick
remember when jackie directed a movie,and you'll know what you are saying.everyone has his beginning.

can't compare the two jackie was raised in the theatre. and spent years and years paying his due's as a stunt and action director before directing.

doug maverick
So do you think everyone must be action director and then director???It doesn't make sense.Just wait,if it will be bad then you can say whatever you wish.

NO! thats not what i said and thats not what i'm saying. what i'm saying is that jackie had tons of experience before he directed a film. i'm not saying this film is going to be bad. i was just pointing out how bad jet li's film was. wu jing has a "co director" whom i'm more then sure will be doing most of the "real" directing work.

I'm more inclined to think the other way round. They have Nicky Li as a director mainly to help out Wu Jing as the first-time director, to share and ease his load and burden. The premise sounds very much like Wu Jing's idea, exploring the civic-consciousness of people today, whether you'd be extend your helping hand to those in need and stand up for justice.

Celina Jade gives a mention of the MV and the film on her blog

http://www.alivenotdead.com/celinajade

remember when jet li directed a movie? thats all i got to say.

Well, actually Jet Li directed Born to Defense, but had help from action choreographer Tsui Siu-Ming. When the final product was complete, Jet even considered having Tsui's name as director as well, but Tsui gave the full credit to Jet for the film while he took the action director credit only.

remind me more of ballistic kiss then legend of the wolf(where did you get legend of the wolf). the trailer was whack to be honest but the fights looked really super sweet so i'm looking forward to this.

Trailer looks good. Looks like lots of action and the wire work seemed limited which is always good. I'll give this a definate look. Hopefully the movie as a whole is good. :angel:

I saw this a while ago but here are my thoughts on it now: Looks very Thai-inspired, with more emphasis on the brutal/acrobatic one-move knockouts of the bad guys, and less on complicated fighting takes. The fight at the end against the 100 guys looks cool, but I always feel that kind of fight is better as an appetizer to the finale, which I like best when its a 1 on 1 battle between the main character and a very skilled villain. Oh well, everything can't be perfect - still excited to see Wu Jing kick some more butt.

This looks like it is going to be good. There is nothing better then seeing 1 person take on 50 assailants at the same time. Wu Jing ftw!

SlothStyleKungFu

Could be good.

I like the choice of his character wearing white high tops so you can see the proximity of the kicks better. Less room to cheat.

Actually, I hate watching one person take on tons of opponents at the same time- it just is not feasible if the movie is "reality-based". I know that it's supposed to demonstrate what a bad-ass the protagonist is supposed to be but I find it stretches the movie's credibility too much for me.

But this otherwise looks like its worth checking out.

Way of the Dragon

This movie looks pretty cool. There looks like some great fight scenes in it, i love his kicks!

That fight scene in the rain looks awesome!

Actually, I hate watching one person take on tons of opponents at the same time- it just is not feasible if the movie is "reality-based". I know that it's supposed to demonstrate what a bad-ass the protagonist is supposed to be but I find it stretches the movie's credibility too much for me.

But this otherwise looks like its worth checking out.

credibility, in a movie called legendary assasin

in a genre where people often fly and learn kung fu skills in a matter of weeks

set in the present day where people choose to fight in intricate choreographed ways instead of just shooting each other

just saying...

Archived