Legendary Assassin / 狼牙 (2008)

Elhcay

Legendary Assassin marks Wu Jing's directorial debut. He's co-directing with Nicky Li. "Set in a remote island, the story revolves around a small-time cop investigating a murder with a mysterious martial arts master as chief suspect." Other cast includes Alex Fong and newcomer Celina Jade. Filming is due soon, with an expected year-end release. Screen Daily

2008_03_12_Celina_Jade.jpg

Celina Jade, who lists Tae Kwan Do as her hobby

Update: Trailer on page 2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the directorial debut of hot action actor Wu

oh nooooo :confused:

Wu also heads the cast

yesssss* !!! :D

(*provided his character faces little drama scenes but has lots of enemy encounters instead)

"remote island" and "mysterious ma master" sounds like a fun set up tho.

a less cheesy, unhol(l)ywoodesque DOA maybe ?!?

When martial arts actors direct movies, there's usually a lot of action in them. Amazing huh? The drama/plot probably won't be anything special, but I just want to see another movie where Wu Jing lets loose for the whole runtime.

I'm a huge Wu Jing fan, and I agree with the last post. Usually when martial artist direct they try and include as much fighting as possible...how could that be bad with Wu Jing leading the cast? I submit that it cannot!!

I think it's a little too early for Wu Jing to be directing. He just starting to gain some recognition with most recent films. Directing at this stage of his career would be a little risky IMO. Let's see what happens.

Guest ekisha

Jackie Chan was also young when he made his directorial debut,and don't forget Wu Jing is 34(not too young).He has great martial-arts skills and talent of actor.So We have to give him a chance to show his ability and creativity.

________

Sally_foryou

There're risks, but he has to get started somewhere, or he might not other chances to get started at all.

Celina Jade is half-Chinese, half-American.

Been wondering about which Alex Fong was it.

There are a few martial artists on this project, according to DJ/actor Sammy Leong. No specific names mentioned.

There're risks, but he has to get started somewhere, or he might not other chances to get started at all.

Celina Jade is half-Chinese, half-American.

Been wondering about which Alex Fong was it.

There are a few martial artists on this project, according to DJ/actor Sammy Leong. No specific names mentioned.

It's probably a good guess this could be Alex Fong Chung-San of Angel fame. He recently is working on Tsui Hark's new film.

While Fong Chung Sun would be a good choice as he's a fine actor, I wouldn't rule out Fong Lik-Sun because he is Gold Label's artist and has rising popularity.

That's true...I did like Lik-Sun in 2002, where he was the Water Ghost.

Apparently, there are some set pics of Legendary Assassin on http://www.wu-jing.org

Here's a promo shot of Wu Jing in Legendary Assassin:

LEG_ASS_FRONT.jpg

That's true...I did like Lik-Sun in 2002, where he was the Water Ghost.

Apparently, there are some set pics of Legendary Assassin on http://www.wu-jing.org

Those pics were taken by the cast members who posted on respective their blogs.

So, it's actually a female cop they're referring to. Wonder if Celina Jade can fight well (she has Tae Kwan Do listed as her hobby), or she's chosen just based on her looks.

They just had a "production commencement" press conference yesterday. (I'm not sure if they are still shooting or what) Wu Jing's senior from Beijing Wushu Team, Kou Zhan Wen, is in the film as the main villain. And they have a wrestler 2.08m tall guy Jiang Bao Cheng to fight Wu Jing too. There'd also be a one against hundred battle.

Legendary_Assassin_19u_Press_Conference_sh.jpg

Wu Jing vs Kou Zhan Wen

Legendary_Assassin_22m_Press_Conference_qq.jpg

Jiang Bao Cheng, Kou Zhan Wen, Alex Fong, Wu Jing, Celina Jade, Nicky Li, musician Chen Jun

Guest ekisha

I hope it will be available on dvd,i also hope it's a good movie not another tv production with low budget and bad script.Wu Jin is superb martial artist but no one gives a damn about this.Anyways i'm waiting for this one.

________

The Cigar Boss

I think its great that jacky is delving into something new, he can't act forever, so might as well do something behind film.

Although, i rather see him do some more cheography, to build up his visual style, hopefully his directoral debut will be a good one.

Archived