Blu-Ray Shaw Classics From 1 April 08

Winfred

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Celestial catalog as being available in HD:

7 Man Army

The Duel

The New Game of Death (like we need this is HD, but hey)

Super Inframan

14 Amazons

36th Chamber of Shaolin (now we're talking)

The Avenging Eagle (yes indeed, could we get the missing footage back)

All of the Brave Archer films except Brave Archer and His Mate

Masked Avengers

Others are listed, of course, but just a quick rundown.

Thank you for the info.

oldeschool17

does that mean the video conversion probs will be fixed or will we get artifacts in blu ray quality!?!?

does that mean the video conversion probs will be fixed or will we get artifacts in blu ray quality!?!?

:D:D:D Got a good chuckle from that!:D

If some Shaw Brothers classics started emerging on Blu-Ray I would probably buy a Blu-Ray player. Hi-Def Shaw goodness...mmmmmmmm......

Maybe we also get the synthesizer audio soundtracks in 7.1 Dolby Digital HD, TrueHD?! Bey Logan commentaries, and more rare extras?

:eek:

oldeschool17
Maybe we also get the synthesizer audio soundtracks in 7.1 Dolby Digital HD, TrueHD?! Bey Logan commentaries, and more rare extras?

:eek:

Call me a soothsayer but i just dont see that happening. They had plenty of space to utilized on those dvd9's and they put crap on them. How many times can you put elegant trails and those wuxia shorts(dont get me wrong i liked those but it got repetitive to see those alot) on those dvds? Theres alot of the releases with the 5.1 that were mixed pretty badly. I just dont see how they would go out of there way to fix em but i guess what ever little motivation would be good for em.

From a marketing and economic standpoint i just dont see why they are bothering with blu ray considering they could use that money to remaster and press some titles that fans really want. If they were barely skimming by with sales on regular dvds, i just dont see how they can flip a profit on blu ray, considering that is not the format that everybody has.

First go to the Celestial Home Page

http://www.celestialpictures.com/main.html

Then put your mouse pointer on the words "Shaw Brothers Library". When you do that a menu will appear and you will see the word "Download Catalog". Click on "Download Catalog".

When the new page loads up you will see boxes to put in your name, country, email address. Put in real or made up info, doesn't matter. Then click on the button that says Finish.

Your then taken to a page with PDF downloads of the catalog. You can download part of the catalog or the entire catalog. I downloaded the entire catalog about a year ago for reference and as you browse through the catalog you can see the titles that are available in HD.

Guest Markgway

Hmmm... The 14 Amazons is the only one on that list I'd bother with. Would be nice if they restored it to uncut. But I doubt it.

Archived