Help ID This Movie

Charuto

Hello, Kung Fu Cinema Forum. I stumbled upon this site while I was looking for a particular film. I apologize that my first post here is a request, but I have not been able to find an answer for this question anywhere else. If anybody can ID this movie, I'd greatly appreciate it. The description can be found at the bottom of this post. Thanks in advance.

It's a bit of a period piece. No Jet Li half-shaved heads, but in a time before the light bulb I think. I remember this Master (Not an old guy. Something like 30 years old.) is training this group of 4 or 5 guys. At first they hate him, but they become cool at the end. There's one scene where his disciple spits out the masters cooking, saying that it was too salty. The Master then says, "You don't like salt? Then how about sugar?" The next scene has them doing pushups into bowls of sugar. The climax has them all breaking into some bad guy's compound on top of this cliff. One guy dies fighting the enemy right as he climbs to the top. Eventually, I think all the disciples end up dying and the Master takes on the head bad guy on his own.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived