Disciples of Shaolin (1985)

ironfistedmonk

ironfistedmonk

Has anyone seen the film Disciples of Shaolin Temple which has been released by Joy Sales on VCD? It looks like Hua Shan directed it but I don't remember ever hearing anything about it, that might be because its a load of bollocks but I'd be interested to hear of any opinions on it as Hua Shan did some decent stuff over at Shaw Bros.

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/code-c/section-videos/pid-1004843523/

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brigadier Chow

There is an interview on the Image DVD of Super Inframan where this movie is mentioned and that he did indeed direct it. I can't remember the details tho, it has been so long since I veiwed it. In any event I would say pick it up...decent mainland kung action this.

Fantastic mainland wushu based kung. It, along with South Shaolin Master, are imo the best of the mainland kung movies, choreography wise.

The lead and the villian are ridiculous. Hard, sharp, crisp, hard techniques. Very happy I was introduced to this. Only desire is to have it on dvd.

ironfistedmonk

Thanks Baron, South Shaolin Master is the best Mainland I've seen so far so if its as good as that I'll be well pleased.

this is a very nice mainland film and like chow said it is directed by hua shan.. it didn't get a lot of acclaim because it came out in 85 during the period when MA films were dieing down..

Archived