The Incredible Hulk

AlbertV

Check this out...the first trailer to The Incredible Hulk, starring and written by Edward Norton. Directed by Louis Letterier (THE TRANSPORTER 1 & 2) and fight choreography by Cyril Raffaelli (DISTRICT B13). Liv Tyler, William Hurt, and Tim Roth co-star.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1583143&vid=215625

June 13, 2008 in Theaters...I definitely want to see this!!! The new Hulk looks freaking awesome!!!

I'm guessing Raffaelli did what Dion Lam did for Spider-Man 2 and choreographed the motion captured action for the Hulk and Abomination.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chinatown Kid

I like Edward Norton as well, he's a fine actor. I used to love to watch The Incredible Hulk televison show as a kid starring Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno. The Hulk movie from a few years back was sort of a letdown, does anyone know if this new Incredible Hulk movie is supposed to be a direct sequel to that one that starred Eric Bana and they just changed the actor to Norton or is this movie a whole new take on the Hulk? Anyways, from the trailer it looks like it's gonna be good.

Thanks Shaolindogma. I fixed the link so the Hulk trailer should be 1st. Lost Boys: The Tribe is a definite DTD film. Corey Feldman looks exactly the same as he did in the original as Frog and Corey Haim is returning as Sam.

The new Hulk movie is more of a reinvention of the story a la Batman Begins rather than a sequel.

I just saw the brand new trailer and now I'm freaking excited!!! This looks awesome and love the new Hulk design. Looks like a perfect fit with Edward Norton's Bruce Banner and I like Tim Roth and he makes a good baddie in Emil Blonsky, who becomes the Abomination.

Interested to see how Cyril Raffaelli did the CGI motion capture action.

I liked Ang Lee's Hulk, but it was to long winded for its own good, certinaly liked it better then Spiderman 3, agggh, I can't understand how they f'd that movie up so bad(having 3 villains didn't help).

Hopefully this one has more smash and less yap:D

Well, I read an article about the Hulk today in the New York Daily News. What is going to make the film interesting in terms of the Hulk and the Abomination is that the expressions on both of the characters were done by Edward Norton and Tim Roth. The SFX people used a tool called MOVA, which uses facial expressions of the actors to bring a more emotional content to the CG characters. So when the Hulk is angry, it is Edward Norton's facial expression.

This week, the Hulk is "unleashed" (Leterrier reference) as The Incredible Hulk comes out Friday!!!

Just in case you're not sure what I'm talking about, here's the link to the article:

Hulk's Rage in the Machine

5 Element Boxer

I went to the premier last night (or should I say this morning at 12:01). What a bad ass movie! Easily one of the best comic book-based films I seen ever.

Who's gonna see it?

OK went to see this movie this afternoon and it was a really good movie great action scenes, way better than Ang Lee's version definitely a must see summer movie, and the cameo by Tony "Iron Man" Stark was cool also. I hope they do come out with a pt.#3 I will say pt.#3 because Ang Lee's was the 1st. movie. I Was just a little lost at the End what happened to "The Abomination" it didn't show anything it was left to your own imagination.

The Running Man

Ang Lee's The Hulk is the best comic book movie ever made.

It's a movie that I know will be appreciated far more in the years down the road.

"Incredible Hulk" smashes box office

Sunday June 15 2:49 PM ET

A bigger, better "Incredible Hulk" crushed the North American weekend box office with a $54.5 million take, according to studio estimates.

The action-oriented film revival starring the hulking green superhero is the second self-financed production from Marvel Studios, which paid General Electric Co's Universal Pictures a fee to market and distribute the film.

Marvel and Universal brought the first "Hulk" to theaters in 2003, but that more introspective film failed to follow through on its muscular debut after disappointing comic book fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

The new film stars Edward Norton as former scientist Bruce Banner, who morphs into the green beast when his attempts at anger management fail. Banner's love interest is played by Liv Tyler, while actors William Hurt and Tim Roth take turns as villains.

Marvel Studios had creative control over "The Incredible Hulk," and the film won positive reviews, but critics did question why Marvel was returning to the green monster so soon.

"It seems like 'Hulk' has smashed those questions to pieces," said David Maisel, chairman of Marvel Entertainment division Marvel Studios.

Maisel added that the film was the second-strongest Father's Day weekend open.

"Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer," also starring Marvel superheroes, rode the wave to No. 1 on Father's Day weekend 2007 with box office of $58.1 million, according to tracking firm Media By Numbers.

"Iron Man," Marvel's first self-financed film, came in at No. 7 after hammering home weekend sales of $5.1 million. The film has been in theaters for seven weeks and has pulled in domestic sales totaling $297.4 million.

Chinatown Kid

Can anyone who's seen this tell me about Tony Stark's appearance in this movie, is it just a bit walk on cameo or does he have a more substantial role? I plan on seeing The Incredible Hulk soon as I really dug Iron Man.:)

Chinatown Kid: He (Tony Stark) has only a small part in the very end of the movie this is where you are to believe there will be an Avengers Movie.

Chinatown Kid

I see then, thanks for the info daisho. It will still be cool to see Downey in a cameo at the end, really looking forward to seeing this as I hope it's just as good or better than Iron Man. :)

Looks like we're in for a crossover. I'm guessing it depends on how well each of the movies do.

The Hulk was quite enjoyable, although the first half of the movie was considerably better than the rest of it. I pretty much knew what to expect though, and I was really impressed with the animation graphics. Actually looked quite real at times.

Here's the latest gossip on IH: Tim Blake Nelson, who played Samuel Sterns in the movie, has been hinting around that a sequel is currently being planned and should the sequel be greenlit, which looks likely, he may end up playing the villain as Samuel Sterns is also known as...The Leader!!!

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_hulk_leader_01.jpg

I wouldn't worry about a crossover as in July 2011...we are going to have the Avengers movie!!!! Iron Man, Hulk, and Captain America will be in the movie. Now if they get Downey, Norton, and whoever is going to play Cap (which according to rumor it is between Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt) return for this team-up.

Here's the latest gossip on IH: Tim Blake Nelson, who played Samuel Sterns in the movie, has been hinting around that a sequel is currently being planned and should the sequel be greenlit, which looks likely, he may end up playing the villain as Samuel Sterns is also known as...The Leader!!!

review_hulk_leader_01.jpg

I wouldn't worry about a crossover as in July 2011...we are going to have the Avengers movie!!!! Iron Man, Hulk, and Captain America will be in the movie. Now if they get Downey, Norton, and whoever is going to play Cap (which according to rumor it is between Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt) return for this team-up.

Chinatown Kid

Finally went and seen this the other day and quite enjoyed it. It's amazing what they can do with cgi these days and the action scenes were great. I liked that they gave nods to the Hulk tv show in that the device that Banner was on when he got the gamma overload looked like the one from tv, and also gave respect to Bill Bixby as it showed Banner watching Bill on one of his early tv shows. It was also great to see the incredible Lou Ferrigno in another cameo. Also nice to see one of the Gracie guys teaching Banner some JiuJitsu and to control his anger in Brazil.

radioraheem

Ed Norton is the man as usual, this was probly the best comic movie Ive seen. A huge improvement from the garbage they tried a few years back

Chinatown Kid

I hope they give a green(no pun intended) light for a sequel, I really enjoyed it. And I'm sure we will see more of the Hulk in the upcoming Avengers movie on down the road.

Archived