Dragon Fist Ninja: What is the real title?

froffeecoffee

froffeecoffee

At the end of this month my local theater will be showing a double feature of Bloody Fists and Dragon Fist Ninja. My question is, I know that Bloody Fists is a generic alternate title for Heroes Two, but what is the real title for Dragon Fist Ninja? I haven't seen any posters or anything that will give me a clue. So all I have is the title to go on.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
froffeecoffee

Nothing at all. Just a title. No poster, no trailer, no description, nothing. I've checked around imdb and nada. The only thing I can guess is that it is a 70's kung fu movie. A majority of the films they show there are grindhouse-type movies.

froffeecoffee

Just saw Dragon Fist Ninja tonight and I now have information about it. Another title it goes by is Death Comes in Three (1973). It stars Alan Tang. Directed by Paul Chang Chung. It is set in modern times (Modern times being the 70s) and is about a Chinese man seeking revenge on 3 Japanese soldiers who killed his father and raped his mother. It begins with one of the soldiers getting shot in his apartment by the hero on a rooftop.

Then later, there's a fight in a dojo where the hero fights and kills another villian. Using pressure points to defeat him, the end of the fight reveals the hero was wearing wooden guards on his forearms and steel tips on his fingers underneath the gloves he was wearing.

The last fight is in a shipyard with the hero taking on all the henchmen in a John Woo type shootout and hand-to-hand combat with the villian, who whips out a double-bladed knife. The hero gets his revenge and dies.

Lydia Shum also had a cameo at the beginning as a patron at a gambling parlor, whose money gets stolen by one of the hero's sidekicks. He had 2. One is a young tough fighter and the other was comic relief.

What was the actual title of this film? Any other details, like stars' names and whatever else you can think of would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

froffeecoffee

Thanks Gravedigger666. Does anyone else have info about the rest of the cast?

As for the film itself, it was pretty bad, but entertaining. The Heros Two on big screen made it worthwhile. Gotta love kung fu flicks on the big screen no matter how bad they are.

Archived