Duel of Fists / 拳擊 (1971)

Tosh

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Killer Meteor
I believe those cloths were pretty styling back in the day:p, I find it funny most of the top dollar modern Interior design/art is recycled 70's design. So you never know what they'll bring back, they tried with the bellbottoms, what's next tight pants?

I myself dig some of that 70's stuff, If you can get past all the gaudy crap(what was up with some of those colors, I have nightmares of a puke yellow couch we had), but the art on the other hand was very innovative, I'm going to go order The Angry Guest now:D

What's funny is that in 1971, David Chiang, the leading hero, can wear the red and white cowboy ensemble. Just one year later, the gay comic relief Wei Ping Ao is dressed the same in Way of the Dragon!

Seen this just a few days ago. Great movie. The CC/TL/DC trio never disappoints... Got to agree about D. Chiang and the clothes he wore - I think that only now do I truly understand the full meaning of the words "fashion victim"...;-) Kudos to the man for being so cool even in *that* outfit.

Lo Lieh: I've seen a DOF trailer dubbed into English - so I suppose there may be an Eng. version... Though I have no idea where to get it or how difficult or easy it is to get such copy... Sorry for not being of much help...:-)

Cool! Thanks anyways Cesare.

I never knew Siren released it. I have a koss dvd player and I have it unlocked to play all regions. Does that mean I can view PAL movies too? Because isn't that Siren release a PAL version.

I love the clothes of the 70's but that doesn't mean I'd wear em. ;)

Killer Meteor
Cool! Thanks anyways Cesare.

I never knew Siren released it. I have a koss dvd player and I have it unlocked to play all regions. Does that mean I can view PAL movies too? Because isn't that Siren release a PAL version.

I love the clothes of the 70's but that doesn't mean I'd wear em. ;)

Your DVD player should be fine but check your TV handles PAL. The Siren dvd is region 0 anyway!

Your DVD player should be fine but check your TV handles PAL. The Siren dvd is region 0 anyway!

Cool. I'll check it out then. Thanks! Are most tvs Pal capable? I only have a cheap 20" that i got at walmart. lol!

Mark Pollard

Great contemporary martial arts film from Chang Cheh with excellent fighting performances from Ti Lung, Ku Feng and Chen Sing. David Chiang, whom I'm consistently not impressed with as a screen fighter, still looks his best here - that is if you can overlook his pimp wardrobe. Rugged Muay Thai fighting in the ring and basher-style street fighting hold up well with repeated viewings.

IVL's DVD has a few humorous subtitles:

picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=4781

picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=4782

I also found it amusing that Chiang's character had to repeatedly remind everyone that he was an engineer. As if he was fooling anyone with his choice of travel attire...

picture.php?albumid=55&pictureid=4784

I've said it before: I think aside from being pals in real life, David Chiang and Bruce Lee shopped at the same menswear salon!

:tongue:

shaolin drunkard

Excellent movie.Scene I like most is almost unconscious Ti Lung delivers flying kick to head of thaiboxer:bigsmile:

Archived