Cliff Lok's best movie?

Jstn

Yes, I do. I think it's Ninja Supremo aka Crippled Kung Fu Boxer. It has the best choreography I've seen in a Cliff Lok movie and the most colorful villains too. Love the crippled kung fu styles in the movie too.

ironfistedmonk

Best film I'd say was Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu, Kung Fu Genius is alright too and he does some nice work in Ring of Death too.

Chinatown Kid

I'll have to agree with WalkOn, the best I've seen Cliff Lok in was Duel of the Seven Tigers aka Shadow of the Tiger. Never was a big fan of Cliff though as I found his fighting skill kinda boring and unimpressive and not much charisma either.

My favorite is Kung fu Genius. I have a soft spot for kung fu comdedies.

Duel of the 7 tigers was another good one too. Some great shapes and fight scenes.

I haven't seen many of his films but I would say I enjoyed Duel of the 7 Tigers the most. Great cast, nice varity of styles, training sequences, Philip Ko as the main villian (not convincing as a Japanese but still, it's Philip Ko!)and a great cameo from Casanova Wong. The choreography is good, not great, but enjoyable.

I saw Kung Fu Genius a long time ago at the movies and recall enjoying as well but not as much as Duel of the 7 Tigers. I don't remember too much of that film. He fought Wang Jang Lee in Ring of Death, and the fights are good too. I never cared too much for Cliff Lok, although he's a real life practitioner, I thought he would serve better as a supporting actor, IMO.

Have you guys who are unimpressed with Cliff Lok seen Ninja Supremo? Because his fighting looks pretty good in that.

Speaking of Duel of the 7 Tigers, the problem I have with it is that the best best parts of the movie are the beginning intro and a cameo scene with Casanova Wong in the middle. Not a good sign.. I even feel Casanova's scene makes the rest of the movie look bad because it's the best choreographed fight and leaves you wanting more, except thats it.

Duel of the Seven Tigers! :cool:

Check this interesting vid I found. Features that great theme from Seven Tigers. And I'm not sure which, but I believe this is from a RARESCOPE release, it's very similar to the Chi Kuan Chun expo on the Showdown at the Cotton Mill DVD.

73ayvxJ9F-8

'Choi Li Fut Kung Fu' was a bit of a chore, but he was good in training scenes and the finale :).

I caught 'Duel Of The Seven Tigers' on TV briefly recently, so I can't comment on that movie (I only remember Yasuaki Kurata, Charlie Chin, Philip Ko and Hoi Yan Gip being in it).

SamuraiDana

I'm a big fan of RING OF DEATH and I'd cite that as his best. KUNG FU GENIUS is a close second.

OL' DIRTY KUNG FU (aka MAD, MAD KUNG FU) is fun and offers a change-of-pace comic role for Cliff, with fewer intense martial arts scenes, though. And Simon Yuen plays a major role.

I haven't seen DUEL OF THE SEVEN TIGERS in a long time, but I remember liking that one a lot, too.

WhiteTiger1

No certain order;

Shaolin Kids

Kung Fu Genius

Killer from Above

Duel of the Seven Tigers

Super Dragon

The Comet Strikes

Shaolin Death Squads

Ninja Supremo

Ring Of Death

Drunken Master And Slippery Snake

My favorite-KUNG FU GENIUS-REASON FUN!!:)

Morgoth Bauglir
Duel of the Seven Tigers! :cool:

Check this interesting vid I found. Features that great theme from Seven Tigers. And I'm not sure which, but I believe this is from a RARESCOPE release, it's very similar to the Chi Kuan Chun expo on the Showdown at the Cotton Mill DVD.

73ayvxJ9F-8

This is a special feature on the Rarescope Choi Lee Fut Kung Fu disc. It's the first of a 2-part interview/demo.

Morgoth Bauglir
I have that interview/demo on 2 diffrent rarescope dvd's. I like the guy, he seems really humble :)

What other Rarescope disc has it? You don't have part 2 of the interview/demo do you?

What other Rarescope disc has it? You don't have part 2 of the interview/demo do you?

Let me check when i get home from work (yep, workie weekend this is and allnighters on top of that). I can't swear if it's the same one on both but checking the beginning of the 2nd i just assumed it was. I shall check more thoroughly later at home. It's on the Choi Lee Fat Kung Fu and Drunken Master Slippery Snake dvd's btw.

Morgoth Bauglir

okey dokey. I bet it's the same interview on both discs, but please let me know if they are different. Have fun at work. I have tomorrow off (I know that's just what you wanted to hear:D)

Ok let's see here.. One of the discs had that same demo already shown in this thread and the other one had the interview and demo part ~11 minutes long. Dunno about any more parts of this? How long is the interview thing supposed to be? :)

And well, that wasn't what i wanted to hear :D. But atleast im at home slacking before bedtime now.

Morgoth Bauglir

At the end of the interview it said to stay tuned for part 2. I think it said it would be on the Best of Shaolin Kung Fu DVD. I didn't like that movie, but I would buy it for the interview.

Ah yeah i see it now. It says 'See more behind the scenes antics from Cliff Lok & Chan Siu Pang on Rarescopes 'Best of Shaolin Kung Fu'.

Kinda got me interested in that one too. But in all honestly, shouldn't you get that one anyway for the sake of completion (i know i should) ;D. Wonder if it'll ever be released tho.

Cognoscente

I like Cliff Lok's Kung Fu comedies the most because he was charming without being obnoxious like a lot of the stars, but I think part of that was because he was older. He was already in his early 30s when he starred in Kung Fu comedies. Age comes with wisdom, and he had the experience of knowing when to pull back instead of gurning like mad or moping like a child.

1412741_260432810811042_441271049560615144_o.jpg

10344309_259310224256634_9048085711127892571_o.jpg

1941428_259310260923297_5678752965083885561_o.jpg

lefty.jpg

righty.jpg

• Like 2