Wishing for a better tomorrow...

The Amazing Psycho Per

The Amazing Psycho Per

Yes, because tomorrow is another day...

I was thinking of upgrading my old vhs fullscreen versions of A better tomorrow 1 and 2 to a nice dvd version.

Anyone got any recommandations about what edition of each movie I should get?

How about the Optimum edition of A better tomorrow and the HKL edition of part 2? I've read that on some editions the soundtrack has been replaced by hollywood movies scores, wich version should I stay away from?

Thanks for the info.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TibetanWhiteCrane

How about the Optimum edition of A better tomorrow and the HKL edition of part 2?

Those are the two I have, and im happy with them! I bought the optimum version for the english dub, and the Bey Logan AC. and the muic changes from the cantonese and english audio, so you can take your pick! the HKL version of part 2 is also decent, not much in terms of extras, but both cantonese and classic english dub, and nice picture quality!

The Amazing Psycho Per

Thanks guys!

Since I don't really care about part 3, maybe I'll go with optimum and HKL...

. and the muic changes from the cantonese and english audio

So when you put the cantonese audio, it's the original music soundtrack?

TibetanWhiteCrane

So when you put the cantonese audio, it's the original music soundtrack?

As far as I recall, yes. I can definently remember that in the guns in the flowerpots scene, the music varied. A canto song played during the cantonese audio, and some instrumental played during the english audio!

Definitely DONT get the optimum version of ABT. Other than the flowerpot scene music is changed in the rest of the movie too, cutting out the classic score and putting in some crappy 'modern music'. You're probably better getting a Chinese remastered version

TibetanWhiteCrane

Hmm... I guess i've never seen the original version with the original score, cuz this is the version I grew up with!

Ah I just realised Ive only watched the film with Cantonese audio, so the English audio may be the original English one. My mistake. But if you want to watch the Cantonese audio one definitely don't get the Optimum version.

Archived