HARD BASTARD (1982) Hwang Jang Lee Bell Bottomed Goodness!

TibetanWhiteCrane

TibetanWhiteCrane

Looking for some of the lesser known Hwang Jang Lee movies, and I stumbled onto this one, HARD BASTARD from '82.

Anyone recommend or dismiss this one?

I see Joseph Lai and Godfrey Ho's names on the cover, and that usually sets off the CRAP alarms in my head. But you never know!

Also caught a few clips on youtube, it looked decent, but you can't really tell from that!

post-262-144191879241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love HJL & enjoy his performances in these low budget efforts (despite many of the films been poor overall), I watched this a few years ago but I can't remember anything at all about it which makes me think its pretty shitty & i've simply erased the memory from my brain - certainly not one of his better movies.

I don’t think the movie is much to hurrah about but it was watchable, at least once, I doubt I will give it a second viewing. The fighting is okay and HJL is kicking around quite a bit.

ironfistedmonk

It's pretty shit, my disc freezes up before the film finishes and I haven't bothered searching out another copy.

This was actually a decent HJL film. I believe it is actually a Korean film and Joseph Lai got the rights and changed the name. He has a really good final opponent in Bruce Cheung Mong, who appeared with Bruce Li in Fists of Bruce Lee. I think this is also known as The Delivery.

TibetanWhiteCrane

Oh screw it, you guys are confusing me....! Naah, just kidding. Thanks for the input. Im just gonna buy it. I love HJL, and I like to see him in contemporary settings!

The reason I often enquire about specific titles, is that, where I live, there are no stores selling Asian films of any kind, any more! So I have to order all my films online. And it's pretty damn annoying, waiting three weeks for them to be delivered, and then finding out, they are crap. So bear with me. I'll try not to clutter up the boards too much, with my inquiries.

JAY

TibetanWhiteCrane

What about BUDDHIST FIST AND TIGER CLAWS?

Another HJL contempo flick, although you wouldn't know from the title. Any thoughts on that?

The trailer only shows action.

ironfistedmonk

It's been years since I saw it but that one was OK, I vaguely remember HJL being more of a badass than in Hard Bastard and getting into some nice fights whilst wearing bell bottoms and kipper ties lol

Morgoth Bauglir

I hated Buddhist Fist and Tiger Claws. A couple of decent cheesy moments I guess, but not enough good fighting.

Archived