Secret Rivals 1 & 2

Guest teako170

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

SR 1: Decent but very overated, average (imo)

SR 2: Action much better than pt 1, above average film (imo)

Thought IA was much better than both SR films.

Guest chen lung

"So you're in league with THOSE basta*ds!":rollin

I like SR2 far better than SR1 - action is too sloppy in the first and there's too much time wasted.

Guest moviegyrl

SR1 - best story, acting; finale was a bit lame compared to earlier fight(s) between Wang Tao and John Liu

SR2 - spectacular fights

SR3 - Chin Lung was adorably funny; tight fights; great finale

Guest Iron Boat

I watched Secret Rivals recently and felt it was totally overrated, it wouldn't even make my top 20. I thought this silver fox cat was going to be so cool.....wrong!!!

Guest stormybman

I believe this is the film that introduced the "formula" that it takes a combined effort of two heroes to defeat the villan. In this role Hwang Cheng Li is the best. He wasn't properly displayed in pt. 1, however, after pt. 2, he was on his way.

Btw, anyone notice the scene in pt. 1, where he jumps down a huge level outside the pagoda, with a single take? It's possibly a 20 foot leap, and no wires, just real kung fu. 8)

Guest morgoth

The part you speak of is my favorite part of the movie. He does 2 jumps that are about 10 feet each, without breaking stride! that is badass.

GhostFaceKiller

Does anyonw know where I can purchase a good version of this fantastic film? I have the Crash Masters version, where the audio is quiet and really sucks, then I have a HK version, which i think is by Mei Ah, where the picture is so damned bright I can't see a thing. Does a version with decent video and sound exist?

GhostFaceKiller

Does anybody know the name of this awesome song, who composed it and if it is available to buy or download? I can't get it out of my head. I love it so much. That spaghetti western music is so damn epic when they're throwing down against Hwang Jang Lee.

I have the spaghetti western this is from. I wanna say Morricone's score for THE BIG GUNDOWN but I'll need to dig it out and listen to it to make sure.

Yes, it's THE BIG GUNDOWN. There is a CD for it but unfortunately, it's OOP at the moment. I have some cues from it on a compilation disc of Morricone music only I haven't listened to it yet. I'll check and see if this cut is on there.

GhostFaceKiller

Thanks a lot Venoms5,

I looked this guy up on amazon, but he's got so many CDs I wouldn't know which one to get.

GhostFaceKiller

Dude thank you so much!!!!

I found the song and downloaded it. I appreciate it so much. This song is so freaking good. I think i'll train Gung Fu to it right now!

Morricone was a favorite of HK movie music arrangers. You'll hear a lot of his work in KF flicks. Now if somebody could only tell me where the music from HEROIC ONES (also heard in MONKEY KUNG FU) originates I'd be happy myself!:D

And while we are on the subject, I'd really like to know where to get the full version of the theme for Shaolin Iron Claws... Among others, as well, whatever it's title is. Anyone?

Archived