Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

TG Vision Gate  will be releasing Ringo Lam's Prison on Fire 1 & 2 in a double feature blu ray keepcase on February 23rd. It has been confirmed to have English subtitles.

prison-on-fire-1-2-limited-edition.jpg

Bootleg or not🤔😝 that one will buy if quality is decent. Never got hold of Novamedia discs and own hk dvd of pt2. Great movies, they even had sequels or was it miniseries without Chow..

24 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Bootleg or not🤔😝 that one will buy if quality is decent. Never got hold of Novamedia discs and own hk dvd of pt2. Great movies, they even had sequels or was it miniseries without Chow..

I was trying to think of all the "prison on fire" films that came after part 2 that were in name only or were aka to capitalize on the popularity. There was Prison on Fire: Plaintive Destiny, Prison on Fire: Life Sentence, Prison on Fire: Preacher, Prison on Fire: The Young Ones. Any others i missed?

Edited by Yihetuan

36 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

I was trying to think of all the "prison on fire" films that came after part 2 that were in name only or were aka to capitalize on the popularity. There was Prison on Fire: Plaintive Destiny, Prison on Fire: Life Sentence, Prison on Fire: Preacher, Prison on Fire: The Young Ones. Any others i missed?

That is probably all unless prison continued on tv. I was not actually aware of young ones. Think have other 3 on attic, some as vcd and 1dvd-r from youtube using youtubedownloader and quality was unwatchable. Might dig them out if/when get hold of german 1&2, haven`t seen part 1 for a decase or so and several years from pt2. Pt1 is better on story but 2nd is more action packed.

Fokus Media is putting out Don Wilson's revenge action martial arts movie, Out for Blood in a limited mediabook format (blu ray + dvd). English audio. Release date TBD.

out-for-blood-1992-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-a.jpg

• Like 2

TG Vision Gate will be releasing a blu ray of Duel to the Death in January. Regardless what the specs say, it has been confirmed to have both English subs and English dub.

Screenshot_2023-10-24 Das Todesduell der Shaolin Blu-ray (Duel to the Death Sang sei kuet Sheng si jue 生死决 Cover B) (Germany).png

das-todesduell-der-shaolin-cover-a-de.jpg

• Like 1

Plaion Pictures will be releasing Wong Kar-wai's first English language feature film, My Blueberry Nights on a special blu ray + dvd in December. Available for pre-order now.

4020628585549.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Capelight will be releasing Ma Dong-seok's The Roundup: No Way Out in a 4K UHD + blu ray special edition also in December. Will feature English subtitles. Available for pre-order now.

91QiWULjaML._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 3

FilmArt will be releasing a couple of their older titles again in keep case blu ray format with a release date of Feb 24. Flag of Iron and The Avenging Eagle. Both of these releases will have the same identical specs as the previous release (unfortunately this means the same Cantonese audio track for Avenging Eagle mistakenly labeled as Mandarin) and English subtitles.

5-kampfer-aus-stahl-br-amaray.jpeg

schrei-des-gelben-adlers-br-amaray.jpeg

• Buddha Bless You 1

For those that didn't want to shell out for the The Man From Hong Kong 4K UHD + blu ray mediabook, Camera Obscura will be releasing it in a remastered 4K keep case blu ray edition in January at half the price.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0CMLB6944?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0CMLB6944

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

FilmArt will be releasing a couple of their older titles again in keep case blu ray format with a release date of Feb 24. Flag of Iron and The Avenging Eagle. Both of these releases will have the same identical specs as the previous release (unfortunately this means the same Cantonese audio track for Avenging Eagle mistakenly labeled as Mandarin) and English subtitles.

Imo regular editions of filmart are nicer than1000 limited.but assassins are no match for kuo chui

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ChillyChong said:

Imo regular editions of filmart are nicer than1000 limited.but assassins are no match for kuo chui

Except the Deadly duo one, what an awful picture on it !

5 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

English subtitles that go out of sync after 27 mins and German subtitles lacking, is what you mean.

I'm sure they've had an awful lot of flack from the Germans. I won't be buying, that's for damn sure.

17 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Except the Deadly duo one, what an awful picture on it !

Hmm..i have missed it.love movie but media blasters dvd is good

IMG_20231107_002719.jpg

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

English subtitles that go out of sync after 27 mins and German subtitles lacking, is what you mean.

I'm sure they've had an awful lot of flack from the Germans. I won't be buying, that's for damn sure.

Is the ages old american bootleg still best version,.pic quality is what it is but audio is fine and sort of uncut

39 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

yes but that's with most of these releases. To be honest, I doubt many will be as perturbed by the subs going slightly out of sync as the mislabeled Mandarin for Cantonese audio.

14 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Is the ages old american bootleg still best version,.pic quality is what it is but audio is fine and sort of uncut

The Italian high show dvd was the best for me despite some slight stuttering as that included the uncut fight scene. But the new reference is the custom blu ray that was recently put out that had the Mandarin audio and restored fight footage.

• Like 2

Just checked i dont have br.but i preordered it  from amazon.de.strange.was it quick seller or sth i am well aware what i own but this weird miss😲

14 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

The Italian high show dvd was the best for me despite some slight stuttering as that included the uncut fight scene. But the new reference is the custom blu ray that was recently put out that had the Mandarin audio and restored fight footage.

Oh? Where did you get this from?

2 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Oh? Where did you get this from?

The Italian High Show dvd with custom English sub I received from a generous fellow member here and the same with the custom The Avenging Eagle blu ray. The member was so nice that he even printed out a cover, disc and sent it in a case too.

19 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

The Italian High Show dvd with custom English sub I received from a generous fellow member here and the same with the custom The Avenging Eagle blu ray. The member was so nice that he even printed out a cover, disc and sent it in a case too.

I am highly interested in this custom Blu-ray, too. Especially when it comes with cover and case. Of course I would cover the costs and pay extra for the work occured. :smile

I noticed Incredible Kung Fu Mission is on Prime, in HD.Given it's from Multicom i'd expect to see a german blu of this sometime next year.

Shaolin Patriot
On 11/6/2023 at 8:21 AM, Yihetuan said:

I'm going to wait and see if a US label (Shout! or Arrow) releases Avenging Eagle. Many of the same titles eventually seem to get released later in the US.

I do give credit to FilmArt on their Italian poliziottesci (crime drama) releases. They have been great so far!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lastninja said:

I am highly interested in this custom Blu-ray, too. Especially when it comes with cover and case. Of course I would cover the costs and pay extra for the work occured. :smile

I am also very interested in this custom BD.

On 9/2/2023 at 6:32 PM, Kevin Chan said:

I get your train of thought, but still IMO it seems unlikely. While Jacob did scam people (I don't really think it was on purpose, he just couldn't keep up with the orders), he always made sure to communicate what the value of his custom editions was and how much efforts it took. Cleaned up transfers, choice of audio tracks, extensive bonus materials collected from multiple releases world wide, ...

Yet the dubious German distributors provide almost no such information. They won't tell you which version exactly is included. They rarely do multiple cuts. They rarely include bonus materials aside from maybe some trailers. The booklets are sometimes badly written or formatted. It's just shiny on the outside but what exactly is the value? They just spit out release after release. And those releases tend to lose their value very quickly because once they are sold and people see that aside from the movie there is not much else included, nobody is willing to pay close to the 30 or 40 EUR that were asked initially.

This strategy doesn't match Jacob's approach. Although I could be wrong, because by your theory, he would get paid so why would he care? But then again, I get the impression that he does (or did) care that his work gets appreciated.

Side note:
Indeed I returned my copy of The Valiant Ones to Amazon today and was already refunded. I refuse to take part in such shady tactics, and refuse to accept this low of an effort and pay 22 EUR for it, even if someone on the HKCAS Facebook group tells me that the release is legit.

If you are interested in the HKFA version please contact me. I received two copies though I only ordered one. Do not know what went wrong. It's still unopened and waiting to be shipped...

On 10/24/2023 at 6:41 PM, Yihetuan said:

Capelight will be releasing Ma Dong-seok's The Roundup: No Way Out in a 4K UHD + blu ray special edition also in December. Will feature English subtitles. Available for pre-order now.

91QiWULjaML._SL1500_.jpg

Capelight will also be releasing a keep case blu ray version in January. Same audio specs as the mediabook, therefore English friendly.

4042564234077.jpg