Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

2 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

The texts on the left and right page are identical :wondering

Why am I not surprised.....

3 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Tbh, I wouldn't have ever noticed since I'm not a German speaker and never even look at the text in these booklets. I just gaze at the pics. So it's no deal breaker for me.

3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I [...] never even look at the text in these booklets.

What? That's blasphemy! These damn booklets are part of the reason those mediabooks are so damn expensive. 😆

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Exiting news! I've been waiting in hot anticipation for this announcement & it's finally here!!!!!

Yes, the 32nd Anniversary limited collector's edition of one of the best films ever made, yes I'm talking about, COOL AS ICE is scheduled to be released August 11 by the German label, Turbine Films. English friendly of course, Hurry up and get your order in as I'm sure this will sell out quickly.

Cool-as-Ice-Digibook.jpg

• Confused 1

On 7/26/2023 at 7:11 PM, Yihetuan said:

Tbh, I wouldn't have ever noticed since I'm not a German speaker and never even look at the text in these booklets. I just gaze at the pics. So it's no deal breaker for me.

Sure, if you don't understand the language, it doesn't really matter. For me, however, it is precisely the physical additions that make me spend a lot of money on it. If these things are messed with, it hurts me twice as much.

• Like 3

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Exiting news! I've been waiting in hot anticipation for this announcement & it's finally here!!!!!

Yes, the 32nd Anniversary limited collector's edition of one of the best films ever made, yes I'm talking about, COOL AS ICE is scheduled to be released August 11 by the German label, Turbine Films. English friendly of course, Hurry up and get your order in as I'm sure this will sell out quickly.

Cool-as-Ice-Digibook.jpg

Tune! Been ages since I saw it.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

44 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Tune! Been ages since I saw it.

How Robert Matthew Van winkle not win an Oscar for this performance is beyond me?

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

How Robert Matthew Van winkle not win an Oscar for this performance is beyond me?

He became a fine actor though.................

:tongueout

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2023 at 3:08 AM, Yihetuan said:

I just placed my pre-order for Angel Enforcers and Cheetah on Fire. They didn't have the cover I wanted for Angel Enforcers, so I just got this one. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. But they did have the red cover for Cheetah on Fire, so I'm happy about that.

125331_f.jpg

613470angelenforcerersaaa.jpg

Looks like my order of Cheetah on Fire is still being processed. The release date in some German sites shows July 28 so it should be in stock by now. It's out of stock at the moment, so I gonna have to wait a bit longer till my copy ships out.

https://www.beyondmedia.at/cheetah-on-fire-cover-c-mediabook-blu-ray-dvd-limited-300-edition.html

I ordered Angel Enforcers, Cheetah on Fire, and No Retreat No Surrender 3 from two places (DTM and OFDB), in case one place didn't get them....different covers from each place.  Has anyone received any shipment notifications from the site they ordered from yet?  I know they got delayed to 7/28 but I also know from Shamrock's FB post that they received all of their product already.  Now it's just a matter of when the retailers receive their allotment.

19 hours ago, Jinha said:

I ordered Angel Enforcers, Cheetah on Fire, and No Retreat No Surrender 3 from two places (DTM and OFDB), in case one place didn't get them....different covers from each place.  Has anyone received any shipment notifications from the site they ordered from yet?  I know they got delayed to 7/28 but I also know from Shamrock's FB post that they received all of their product already.  Now it's just a matter of when the retailers receive their allotment.

My pre-order of Cheetah on Fire, which was placed on June 29 at Beyond Media's site, got shipped few moments ago today.

On 7/26/2023 at 3:23 PM, Kevin Chan said:

Got mine today.

Of course, the text is also present twice in my copy. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessfully looking for an email address to ask the manufacturer (Shamrock Media) to at least provide a digitally corrected page. Then I could print it out myself and add it to the mediabook. Unfortunately I couldn't find one.

Since I'm a Facebook refuser, I wanted to ask if anyone here with a Facebook account would be willing to make a request.

3 hours ago, lastninja said:

Since I'm a Facebook refuser, I wanted to ask if anyone here with a Facebook account would be willing to make a request.

They even made a post with the opened booklet and didn't notice it :D

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02LuSFMXTHZQXvc9Paes5FYg9tzs24FzM4SgYYuDYC6DJ9ENRsgb8wUuSA7fhif4KKl&id=100063443060554

Someone mentioned it and pinged them 2 weeks ago, there seems to be no public reaction.

Screenshot_20230801-232623.thumb.png.805ae82ccdf6d252f0863be5076d0d9d.pngScreenshot_20230801-232638.thumb.png.5d4b24323d9a58fe451c6886f082a031.png

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

TG Vision Gate releasing the Bruceploitation title, Return of the Tiger on blu ray on October 20. I heard from one source that it'll have the English dub but let me verify directly with Martin.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0CDF8JPP7?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0CDF8JPP7

return-of-the-tiger---der-groesste-schlag-der-todeskralle.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, saltysam said:

Probably use the HD transfer from Amazon

Yes and it has been confirmed to have the English dub along with the German. No subs.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

my orders for Angel Enforcers and Cheetah on Fire (both from OFDB and DTM) have shipped :)  Has anyone received theirs yet and confirm if the discs are region B locked?  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jinha said:

my orders for Angel Enforcers and Cheetah on Fire (both from OFDB and DTM) have shipped :)  Has anyone received theirs yet and confirm if the discs are region B locked?  

My copy of Cheetah on Fire should arrive next week.

Doctor Schimmel Schnabel from Switzerland
14 hours ago, Jinha said:

i changed today my blu-ray player to region a and still the german blu-ray (Cheetah on Fire) plays

actionfan93
10 hours ago, spannick said:

none of the stuff by Shamrock is region coded except maybe older Celestial Shaw Brothers stuff.

great to hear he said Angel Terminators 1 and 2 are both supposed to come this year and with how limited his stuff is I am going to preorder as soon as they go up I've seen Angel Terminators 2 but not the 1st one is it any good? he also said "soon we have a Partner here, who will be shipping worldwide Our complete stuff... more Infos soon" so it looks like good things are coming for people who want to order shamrock's releases I am not sure if 88 or eureka have any plans for Angel Terminators a box set or both titles separate either way I will support any label who puts them out 

he has mentioned Iron angels 1-4 for early 2024 again not sure if another label has plans for the trilogy or princess madam but if they do and its english friendly I will definitely order to support them

Edited by actionfan93