Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

5 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

@DiP, I assume you're not in the US? It looks like these guys only ship within Europe. Shame.

I live in Scandinavia. Didn't know anything about Beyond Media not shipping outside of EU, I must've missed it. Shame, indeed.

On 6/19/2023 at 8:41 AM, Yihetuan said:

some more cover variants for Angel Enforcers are being released. I think I'm partial to the Good, The Bad and the Bitch! one lol

angel-enforcers-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-c-de.jpg

angel-enforcers-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-d-de.jpg

angel-enforcers-limited-mediabook-edition-cover-e-de.jpg

I was wondering how come these cover variants of Angel Enforcers weren't available when I placed my pre-order earlier. Apparently I didn't read the fine print that states these covers and covers for No Retreat, No Surrender 3: Blood Brothers are HCE exclusives and only sold via their web shop.

https://hceshop.de/search?q=angel+enforcers&options[prefix]=last

ChillyChong
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

I was wondering how come these cover variants of Angel Enforcers weren't available when I placed my pre-order earlier.

First one in your post is best of all and would be even better without german text. Of other 2, I prefer earlier covers over them.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2023 at 7:43 PM, Yihetuan said:

No unfortunately it's announcement far in advance as it's scheduled to be released April next year.

Screenshot_2023-06-07 LI, BRUCE BRUCE LI - DIE FAUST DER VERGELTUNG Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Amazon now have the April 2024 date. Given Cargo don't do any restoration on these movies and just slap the print onto the disc, i have a feelng they can't access a HD master. Be surprised if this ever appears.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Amazon now have the April 2024 date. Given Cargo don't do any restoration on these movies and just slap the print onto the disc, i have a feelng they can't access a HD master. Be surprised if this ever appears.

Yeah when I received that message from Signal One, I knew it didn't look good for this to make it to Blu ray.

On 5/11/2023 at 6:44 AM, Kevin Chan said:

Capelight finally announced the International edition of this title. Available for pre-order at Amazon.uk and the capelight store and a release date of August 21. Available in 2 mediabook variants and a steelbook version.

Screenshot_2023-07-05 Facebook.png

Screenshot_2023-07-05 Facebook(1).png

71pC6WsrBmL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81BDb6ZSRHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81ljANskUxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 3

On 6/10/2023 at 1:25 PM, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

My AVENGING EAGLE has arrived, oh joy!!

Is it worth buying? Is it uncut (last fight)? What about bonus material?

• Like 2

I finally got my copy of Shamrock's High Risk. Whoever subtitled the movie deserves applauds! Great inclusion of the original Cantonese soundtrack as well. One thing that bugs me though is that it's impossible to make a copy to the PC, I've tried any application and they can't get passed Shamrock's tight disc protection. I'll try other options in the meantime.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DiP said:

I finally got my copy of Shamrock's High Risk. Whoever subtitled the movie deserves applauds! Great inclusion of the original Cantonese soundtrack as well. One thing that bugs me though is that it's impossible to make a copy to the PC, I've tried any application and they can't get passed Shamrock's tight disc protection. I'll try other options in the meantime.

try to go to the end scroll with the English Subtitles enabled and it shows who did them:

01:41:09,500 --> 01:41:12,416
TRANSLATOR: FRANK DJENG
SUB-EDITOR: SCOTT NAPIER

• Like 4

Chen Hung Lieh
8 hours ago, Sun Chung said:

Almost uncut, only 10 seconds of a comparatively unimportant riding scene are missing. The fight was patched with a different unrestored 35mm print.
Bonus: German threatrical trailers, German "long version" (which is in fact 10 mins shorter), picture gallery.
English subtitles, Cantonese audio, no Mandarin. Even though Hong Kong Film Archive says original audio is Canto, I believe HKMDB more which says Mandarin. Sounds more authentic to me.

• Like 5

Chu Liu Hsiang
On 7/6/2023 at 9:45 PM, Sun Chung said:

On 7/7/2023 at 6:14 AM, Chen Hung Lieh said:

Almost uncut, only 10 seconds of a comparatively unimportant riding scene are missing. The fight was patched with a different unrestored 35mm print.
Bonus: German threatrical trailers, German "long version" (which is in fact 10 mins shorter), picture gallery.
English subtitles, Cantonese audio, no Mandarin. Even though Hong Kong Film Archive says original audio is Canto, I believe HKMDB more which says Mandarin. Sounds more authentic to me.

and yes, it's def worth buying in my opinion!

• Like 1

Fans of Blaxploitation, Hell Up in Harlem and Black Caeser are being released on blu ray + dvd next month as part of the Black Cinema Collection #10 & #16. English friendly of course.

4260448733380.1.jpg

4260448733380.jpg

4260448733953.1.jpg

4260448733953.jpg

• Like 3

The TVP Savage Five version is really good it. It has chinese and english dub and english subtitels. It is a DL (double-layer) (50 GB) real HD 24P. The other one is SL (single-layer) (25 GB) 1080i and has only english subtitels.

Avenging Eagle is highly recommended. The inserts to make it near uncut comes from a german 35mm reel and is good remastert you can see a difference but it does not hurt. But one scene 9sec. is still missing - not a important one- you see some horsemaen from above . You can see this here: https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=131495

• Like 5

On 7/7/2023 at 4:18 AM, DiP said:

One thing that bugs me though is that it's impossible to make a copy to the PC, I've tried any application and they can't get passed Shamrock's tight disc protection. I'll try other options in the meantime.

I'm currently in the process of backing up all my discs onto hard drives. Just in case. MakeMKV works great to make unencrypted 1:1 copies. It only failed 4 or 5 times (out of ~400+ discs so far) and it doesn't look like the copy protection was to blame but rather the state and the age of the disc itself.

• Like 4

I solved the problem. I updated the firmware for my bluray burner as well as the application of use. Keeping your applications up to date, and flashing your burner are among things that keep bluray back-ups error-free.

• Like 1

americanpzycho
11 hours ago, Shaolin Patriot said:

I'm anxious to hear the reviews on Avenging Eagle. Do tell....

avenging3-1.jpg

I watched this last night. The transfer is absolutely beautiful. English subtitles were pretty good. Very light on special features. I prefer the reverse side of the artwork. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Fans of Blaxploitation, Hell Up in Harlem and Black Caeser are being released on blu ray + dvd next month as part of the Black Cinema Collection #10 & #16. English friendly of course.

4260448733380.1.jpg

4260448733380.jpg

4260448733953.1.jpg

4260448733953.jpg

I am a big fan of this collection of Blaxploitation cinema. All discs have a lot of extras, very good quality and are english friendly ( dub and subtitels). Most of this discs have the best picture quality they ever had !!!

• Like 3

Shaolin Patriot
On 7/16/2023 at 12:52 AM, kuenfist said:

The TVP Savage Five version is really good it. It has chinese and english dub and english subtitels. It is a DL (double-layer) (50 GB) real HD 24P. The other one is SL (single-layer) (25 GB) 1080i and has only english subtitels.

Avenging Eagle is highly recommended. The inserts to make it near uncut comes from a german 35mm reel and is good remastert you can see a difference but it does not hurt. But one scene 9sec. is still missing - not a important one- you see some horsemaen from above . You can see this here: https://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=131495

Thanks for the detailed analysis, @kuenfist. I'll be picking up the TVP version of Savage Five. 

I'll also pick up Avenging Eagle (Film Art version) in the near future.  :smile

• Like 2

The Frank Grillo/Stephen Dorf action film, King of Killers is coming out on blu ray from Splendid on October 27th. English audio option.

4013549138697.jpg

• Like 2

TVP will be releasing The New One Armed Swordsman in a regular cheaper mediabook version in 3 cover variants on August 17. The contents will be the same as the padded mediabooks that they released earlier this year.

SchwertMB-Neu-CoverA-pre.jpg

SchwertMB-Neu-CoverB-pre.jpg

SchwertMB-Neu-CoverC-pre.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 4