Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
On 6/19/2023 at 11:11 AM, Yihetuan said:

Yuen Woo-ping's Wing Chun with MIchelle Yeoh and Donnie Yen is getting a blu ray release from TG Vision Gate due out Nov 3. It has been confirmed to have both the English dub and subs. Two cover variants.

Wing_Chun_Galerie_Cover_A.jpg

Oh geez, I'm getting flashbacks to the Nineties :thumbsdown:thinking- this "WING CHUN" cover is a still from THE TAI CHI MASTER. I'm surprised I'm the first one to notice (or at least to say so).

• Like 5

ChillyChong
19 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

THE TAI CHI MASTER.

Wish that and "sequel" Tai Chi Boxer/Tai Chi Master II imo which is even better would come out as BR.

Edit:whoops I have missed TCM which has been released on blues already.

Edited by ChillyChong
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Oh geez, I'm getting flashbacks to the Nineties :thumbsdown:thinking- this "WING CHUN" cover is a still from THE TAI CHI MASTER. I'm surprised I'm the first one to notice (or at least to say so).

at least they photoshopped Jet Li out of the background.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

ironfistedmonk
15 hours ago, KUNG FU BOB said:

Did anyone that ordered AVENGING EAGLE from D & T Mailorder receive their order yet?

Mine shipped Thursday last week and I've had an e-mail from Royal Mail to say they have it and it will be delivered soon

• Like 3

On 6/7/2023 at 8:00 PM, Yihetuan said:

The Matthias Hues/Marc Singer sci-fi action film, Cyber Zone aka Droid Gunner is getting a German dvd release due out in a couple days. English friendly of course with 2 different covers.

61FnOYQN1qL._SL1200_.jpg

71PE-0DcWrL._SL1200_.jpg

That guy at the top looks familiar. Is he from Dolph Lundgren's Dark Angel?

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
19 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Is he from Dolph Lundgren's Dark Angel?

Matthias Hues - yes.

• Like 3

• Administrator
KUNG FU BOB
8 hours ago, ironfistedmonk said:

Mine shipped Thursday last week and I've had an e-mail from Royal Mail to say they have it and it will be delivered soon

Thanks, @ironfistedmonk. :wink:

On 6/26/2023 at 4:31 PM, KUNG FU BOB said:

Did anyone that ordered AVENGING EAGLE from D & T Mailorder receive their order yet?

D&T sent it out late. Since others in this forum have already received it, I even asked D&T. They informed me that they have not received any copies yet. Of course I panicked and ordered from another supplier to be on the safe side. I ended up with two copies. So if anyone is interested...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, saltysam said:

Already ordered mine from there. I saw people mention D& T but didn't understand what that meant until later.

On 6/28/2023 at 2:00 AM, lastninja said:

D&T sent it out late. Since others in this forum have already received it, I even asked D&T. They informed me that they have not received any copies yet. Of course I panicked and ordered from another supplier to be on the safe side. I ended up with two copies. So if anyone is interested...

Edited by De Ming Li
Request no longer needed

On 3/21/2023 at 4:22 AM, Yihetuan said:

Two Andrew Lau films are coming to blu ray from TG Visions Gate. Both to be released on August 25. A Man Called Hero & The Duel. Both are going to be in black keep cases and tech specs including audio and sub options are TBD.

a-man-called-hero-limited-edition--de.jpg

das-duell-in-der-verbotenen-stadt-limited-edition--de.jpg

Ok these two releases scheduled for an August 25 street date have both been confirmed as having English subs. The Amazon Germany specs say English dub but it's not correct.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, De Ming Li said:

I would like to get the spare copy from you. I pre-ordered from Amazon Germany on April 5 and last week they looked like they were going to take my money before shipping but that bounced back and now there's no certain sign that Amazon DE will ship my copy in time. 

Just received an email telling me my copy has shipped from Amazon DE, so no worries now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, De Ming Li said:

Just received an email telling me my copy has shipped from Amazon DE, so no worries now.

OK. Will offer it here on the marketplace someday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Amazon.de shipped my Avenging Eagle today.Less than £20 inc. delivery, happy with that.

They shipped mine too today and i am from german and i preordered it 2 mounth ago !!!

• Like 1

For those that have a hard time ordering from D&T, I found an alternate German site that has these new Shamrock titles available for pre-order. They also have a ton of other local titles. I registered today, and placed an order of Cheetah on Fire.

https://www.beyondmedia.at/

Edited by DiP
  • Like 2

Amazon came through and delivered FilmArt's edition of Avenging Eagle. I have to admit, for a split second I was taken aback. The case is for a DVD, yet it turned out to be the Blu-Ray edition. Talk about a bit of a clusterf*Ck! :-)

Drunken Monk
7 hours ago, DiP said:

For those that have a hard time ordering from D&T, I found an alternate German site that has these new Shamrock titles available for pre-order. They also have a ton of other local titles. I registered today, and placed an order of Cheetah on Fire.

https://www.beyondmedia.at/

@DiP, I assume you're not in the US? It looks like these guys only ship within Europe. Shame.

1 hour ago, Drunken Monk said:

@DiP, I assume you're not in the US? It looks like these guys only ship within Europe. Shame.

If I managed to import Shout Shaw Brothers boxset from US to Blighty with MYUS, then I'm sure you can import it from Europe to US. It won't hurt to ask MYUS if they do that. 

Drunken Monk
2 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

If I managed to import Shout Shaw Brothers boxset from US to Blighty with MYUS, then I'm sure you can import it from Europe to US. It won't hurt to ask MYUS if they do that. 

Ah, thanks!

10 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Ah, thanks!

I had an American address with MYUS which was delivered to my suite then after I gave MYUS my invoice of the item, they then shipped from US to UK.

You can buy things from all around the world from US address with MYUS. So basically it should work the other way around. Just inquire on their website or ring them up/email.

You kever know. It might work.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1