Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Killer Meteor

Just want to say:

The German DVD of the Angela Mao film The Tournament comes with a high reccomendation from me!

Uncut

Anamorphic true PAL picture (if a bit soft)

Original Mandarin mono

Good English subtitles

Oriignal English dub (with some parts in Mandarin with subs)

Trailer gallery (with lots of Angela Mao trailers)

BONUS Film: The 8 Masters (cut but good wide screen picture, Mandarin and English audio

also coming soon from Megamax Movies: DEVIL AND ANGEL aka WUKUNG (Triad Classic Basher with Lo Lieh and Chan Wei Man).

another beautiful Print in 2.35 (16x9)

BUT sadly the only available Source (Ocean Shores VHS) was horribly cut so that lots of Dialogue is missing on the English Track. They could not locate a Mandarin Print also. so be it...

the German Print is UNCENSORED, but has 3 mins of superflous Footage missing (for example, 105s of City Harbour Sights..*Sigh*)

klick Pix for Full Size Screenshots:

9a279266576063.gif5fda3566576076.gifbaae0a66576099.gif2acdf866576103.gif0b5b6766576111.gif

Original German Trailer:

Devil and Angel plays last Friday Night on the german TV Channel TELE5. This Guys bringing the Film in 2:35 and in a uncut Version!!The print have a Lot of Jumpcuts, are I thinks this the best Verion what I seen.Is longer as the old german cinema Print and the Ocean Shore.

Have the German TV Channel this Version buy from Megamax? and is the coming DVD from the self Print Spannik???

now being released on German DVD.

- DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS

- WANG YU - KING OF BOXERS

coming next:

- THE DARKEST SWORD

- INFERNAL STREET

• Administrator
now being released on German DVD.

- DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS

- WANG YU - KING OF BOXERS

coming next:

- THE DARKEST SWORD

- INFERNAL STREET

My copy of DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS is in the mail as I type this. Thanks to Monk Sante for the pre-order head's up, and to the mighty Karlos for help snagging this gem. Finally... widescreen!!! :bigsmile: Can't wait. :nerd:

Are these two releases uncut? Also, what are language options?

D7T has the original English dub. Dont know if it's uncut tho, haven't watched it yet. Picture quality is excellent.

Wang Yu - King of Boxer is basically the world Video Premiere of the full uncut Print in Widescreen 2.35, 96 Mins. PAL. Original English Dub is included.

UK VHS was cut & Heavily censored, 91 Mins. US DVD is 75 Mins, missing a whole Reel, leaving the Viewer wondering "What the hell is going on here?". no idea if there was an uncut VHS on US Tape maybe.

Killer Meteor
Wang Yu - King of Boxer is basically the world Video Premiere of the full uncut Print in Widescreen 2.35, 96 Mins. PAL. Original English Dub is included.

UK VHS was cut & Heavily censored, 91 Mins. US DVD is 75 Mins, missing a whole Reel, leaving the Viewer wondering "What the hell is going on here?". no idea if there was an uncut VHS on US Tape maybe.

I am so there!

I used to have the US dvd and I remember a scene suddenly ends mid conversation! and we jump to a character complaing about being interupted!

Wang Yu vs Lung Fei is probably one of the greatest fights ever!

DUEL OF THE 7 TIGERS is the German Cinema Print (81 mins, Dialogue missing). in the Bonus Section is a special Combi-Version, which includes insert in 1.78 with German Subs (optional). i prefer the shorter cut, gets faster to the action without missing anything of importance.

once bit if eye-stabbing (1s) is cut in the Cinema Print (it's ALSO missing in the UK Releases!), but it was seen in a flashback later so that was reconstructed in the long Combo-Edit where it belongs, too.

Screenshots of 7 TIGERS:

859675209671029.jpg 6e5e8e209671038.jpg 3f6c4a209671043.jpg bad10b209671049.jpg a18fa2209671058.jpg 87e885209671065.jpg 6c2580209671075.jpg c16e91209671087.jpg ece698209671093.jpg e29879209671097.jpg 883e82209671101.jpg b68964209671108.jpg 16768a209671113.jpg e54e61209671120.jpg 95e0fe209671129.jpg 24fa35209671132.jpg

TibetanWhiteCrane

Holy fucknuggets, Batman..... that sure is a step up in picture quality from my old versions.

Can't wait to pop this baby in......

odioustrident

Great print of Infernal Street. I really think this was one of the first films to seamlessly integrate the tumbling / acrobatics from opera into fight scenes... or at least one of the first films to do it well. More people need to get into Yu Tien Lung.

Secret Executioner
All praise the Germans - the only country still carrying the torch for old school goodness!

AMEN to that! :bigsmile:

Yup, couldn't put it any better. I wish more of these releases were English-friendly, there is so much great material with ONLY a German dub and though I can speak German a bit, I have trouble understanding sometimes.