Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

2 minutes ago, ChillyChong said:

Aren`t Swordsman among movies which are in copyright limbo atm? So would mean those are bootlegs...

Well it is Cargo, so that should be a given.

osbournecox
21 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Yes, I saw the Chinese script, but seeing as this is a Chinese film, it's not at all strange or odd to see Chinese characters on a Chinese film cover.

oh, i see. well, german labels sometimes use thai posters as we can see on the second cover variant for Swordsman 2 posted above. probably they couldn't find a chinese one (or simply don't care/know/both). but seeing both chinese and thai writing on one cover is really odd - especially because that probably means that either of those (probably the thai bit) was added on purpose ..whatever that purpose might be.

I got a response by back from signal about the Edge of Fury Blu Ray.

We are struggling to get a decent master for this film at the moment so it’s been put on the back burner for now but will look at it again in a few months to see where we are at.

Many thanks

Amy Llewelyn

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Well it is Cargo, so that should be a given.

Strictly speaking, Cargo is just the distributor. Those are coming from Mr. Banker, MT, True Grit or who knows how they will call themselves in the future. I believe they are most likely imprints of "MIG Film". Some releases are legitimate, like the Tiger Cage series. Some releases are probably not. Not sure about Swordsman. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's official. 

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I got a response by back from signal about the Edge of Fury Blu Ray.

Many thanks! That's a bummer. The german BD will most certainly be the print of the Asialine DVD, so I was and am still curious if Signal One will be able to find the missing scenes in better quality. 

Regarding Night Caller: VHS quality, according to members in german discussion boards. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, chonk said:

Strictly speaking, Cargo is just the distributor. Those are coming from Mr. Banker, MT, True Grit or who knows how they will call themselves in the future. I believe they are most likely imprints of "MIG Film". Some releases are legitimate, like the Tiger Cage series. Some releases are probably not. Not sure about Swordsman. But if I had to guess, I'd say it's official. 

Many thanks! That's a bummer. The german BD will most certainly be the print of the Asialine DVD, so I was and am still curious if Signal One will be able to find the missing scenes in better quality. 

Regarding Night Caller: VHS quality, according to members in german discussion boards. 

Yes, I figured VHS since that's the only release known right? Unless there was a VCD or Laserdisc version out there.

If it's the Asialine dvd AI upscaled with fake grain added then no thanks. I'll hold off to see if Signal One can ever get their hands on a decent remaster.

Don't forget TG Vision Gate & WGF as "new" labels that sprouted up. Do you know fi they're releases are bootlegs?

7 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Yes, I figured VHS since that's the only release known right? Unless there was a VCD or Laserdisc version out there.

If it's the Asialine dvd AI upscaled with fake grain added then no thanks. I'll hold off to see if Signal One can ever get their hands on a decent remaster.

Don't forget TG Vision Gate & WGF as "new" labels that sprouted up. Do you know fi they're releases are bootlegs?

Yes, I believe that's true. 

The Asialine DVD actually used a very good looking print, very sorry for the confusion. It's a german reel. But with VHS-inserts. I think they are re-releasing those prints now, as happened with "Shaolin Handlock" lately. @saltysam has mentioned this in one of the Bruceploitation threads, I think. Or maybe even in this topic. He also posted screencaps. But the uncut version was highly compressed, both versions on a BD-25. 

Right, TG Vison is new. WGF has been on the market for years though (Asialine and much more). I'm quite certain WGF is MIG Film, too. 

I can only speak about bootlegs in Germany more broadly, unfortunately. But I have no reason to believe that any specific company is like generally and intenionally and only releasing bootlegs right now. But I also have some doubts when it comes to individual titles and releases for sure!  

• Like 2

@chonk, thanks for clearing up the confusion. Since the Signal blu ray may never materialize. this "uncut" German blu ray maybe the best we can get our hands on at the moment.

Edited by Yihetuan
spelling errors. i need to proofread better!
  • Like 2

osbournecox
10 hours ago, chonk said:

Yes, I believe that's true. 

The Asialine DVD actually used a very good looking print, very sorry for the confusion. It's a german reel. But with VHS-inserts. I think they are re-releasing those prints now, as happened with "Shaolin Handlock" lately. @saltysam has mentioned this in one of the Bruceploitation threads, I think. Or maybe even in this topic. He also posted screencaps. But the uncut version was highly compressed, both versions on a BD-25. 

Right, TG Vison is new. WGF has been on the market for years though (Asialine and much more). I'm quite certain WGF is MIG Film, too. 

I can only speak about bootlegs in Germany more broadly, unfortunately. But I have no reason to believe that any specific company is like generally and intenionally and only releasing bootlegs right now. But I also have some doubts when it comes to individual titles and releases for sure!  

i don't know much about the business side of releasing/distributing movies but.. can you "unintentionally" release a bootleg? there might be cases where you have a second or even third party holding some rights and a label might not have been aware of that fact; there might also be cases where the ownership is disputed but.. very generally speaking.. you do purchase the rights - or you simply don't, right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, osbournecox said:

i don't know much about the business side of releasing/distributing movies but.. can you "unintentionally" release a bootleg? there might be cases where you have a second or even third party holding some rights and a label might not have been aware of that fact; there might also be cases where the ownership is disputed but.. very generally speaking.. you do purchase the rights - or you simply don't, right?

Good point! Besides what you've already mentioned, people can wrongly believe that there's no rightholder anymore and just release it. This being said, I believe you are right and that usually, bootlegs are released intenionally. 

• Like 2

Got my UHD release of  The Man from Hong Kong. And what i can say Camera Obscura strikes again. Never saw a Wang Yu movie in such a brilliant picturequality ... it is stunning. What a great release !!! In expection for the UHD i watched last week my DVD from HK which has a very good picture quality - but now it is time to get to archive forever. The UHD is like what you get if you buy releases from Arrow or Criterion.  5 Stars !!! or more ?

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Shamrock is finally releasing ANGEL ENFORCERS & CHEETAH ON FIRE on July 13 in mediabook format with multiple cover variants. English subs are confirmed as is Mandarin, German and Cantonese audio while CHEETAH ON FIRE will also include the English dub.

125332_f.jpg

angel-enforcers-mediabook-b.jpg

125329_f.jpg

125330_f.jpg

• Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 1

No Surrender, No Retreat 3: Blood Brothers mediabook is also getting released on the same day with German, Turkish and English audio.

Mediabook-613463.jpg

Mediabook-613464.jpg

karate-tiger-3-mediabook-c.jpg

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

12 minutes ago, spannick said:

Angel Enforcers also has English Dub

Thanks for that info. Also here is the other cover for Cheetah on Fire which is my favorite & the one I would order.

Mediabook-613462.jpg

• Like 7

actionfan93
18 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Shamrock is finally releasing ANGEL ENFORCERS & CHEETAH ON FIRE on July 13 in mediabook format with multiple cover variants. English subs are confirmed as is Mandarin, German and Cantonese audio while CHEETAH ON FIRE will also include the English dub.

125332_f.jpg

angel-enforcers-mediabook-b.jpg

125329_f.jpg

125330_f.jpg

those who are interested better move quickly these and the others are on D&T for preorder and limited to 300-333 each per cover version

• Like 2

actionfan93
50 minutes ago, DiP said:

Anyone who has ordered from D&T... How did y'all pay for your orders? It's a tricky situation.

especially any from the U.S as from what i see they only take credit card

actionfan93
2 minutes ago, DiP said:

Do you mean credit card through wirecard qpay?

don't know all it says is " Cash on advance & credit card: With a cash on advance or credit cards order postage amounts for a packing to 27.00 euro!
Important Information: The indicated shipping costs refer to the weight of a Standard DVD and are only approximate. In some cases we have to manually charge a higher shipping fee if the ordered product is much heavier (Metalcases, Big DVD Collections for example). In this instance we will contact you and tell you the new amount after you have placed the order.
The package is sent away in this case recommended and is thus insured.
The minimum purchase order value amounts to EUR 15,00."

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

those who are interested better move quickly these and the others are on D&T for preorder and limited to 300-333 each per cover version

Both titles are showing as "Unavailable, order by request" on D&T. They always make me extremely anxious LOL

ChillyChong
2 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

Both titles are showing as "Unavailable, order by request" on D&T. They always make me extremely anxious LOL

For pre-orders one has never to worry about that(they get items unless it is postponed or cancelled), at least for me they have always delivered. However I get bit worried when title has been around some time and see "Unavailable, order by request". Few times they have not been able to fulfill.

As Cheetah and Enforcers are released on same day, d&t is definitely shop for purchase. With 15€ shipping total will very likely to be cheaper than buying from amazon.de and of course no need to keep (in panic) to keep an eye when those are available on amazon.de to buy,

• Like 1

Some of them are even limited to only 66 copies. Yes, sounds pretty absurd. 

There are more exclusive covers for Karate Tiger but only available from 1-2 shops and needless to say, sold out by now: https://hceshop.de/collections/mediabooks

The exclusive covers of Angel Enforcers are still available, but the shop is not shipping globally.

Edited by chonk

ChillyChong
2 minutes ago, chonk said:

Some of them are even limited to only 66 copies. Yes, sounds pretty absurd. 

Would think financially it`s not worth to create that few covers but what do I know...