Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

actionfan93
3 hours ago, DiP said:

I remember a few Shamrock titles being on Amazon.de but the limited copies sold out too quickly. One would do the obvious and just order directly from their site. However, their payment option is hella tricky.

what site I didn't know they had their own site

Drunken Monk
9 hours ago, spannick said:

Shamrock knows about the problems with titles NOT being on amazon.de. I will ask how these will be sold first when released. He knows foreign market is important for such titles and both titles do have a FSK Age Rating, so there should be no problem to offer them there also.

That’s awesome. I don’t mind ordering from any solid retailer as long as I can guarantee a copy. Some titles so sell out super quickly from some places.

7 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Is this out?

No unfortunately it's announcement far in advance as it's scheduled to be released April next year.

Screenshot_2023-06-07 LI, BRUCE BRUCE LI - DIE FAUST DER VERGELTUNG Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

• Like 1

On 6/4/2023 at 1:52 AM, DiP said:

I remember a few Shamrock titles being on Amazon.de but the limited copies sold out too quickly. One would do the obvious and just order directly from their site. However, their payment option is hella tricky.

On 6/4/2023 at 5:24 AM, actionfan93 said:

what site I didn't know they had their own site

Yeah I'm confused by this as well. Did Shamrock open up their own web store recently or are you talking about contacting them on fb and they can send you an invoice through marketplace?

Super Ninja
25 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

No unfortunately it's announcement far in advance as it's scheduled to be released April next year.

Screenshot_2023-06-07 LI, BRUCE BRUCE LI - DIE FAUST DER VERGELTUNG Katalog - Artikeldetail.png

Damn, I was hoping I'd have an HD version of the movie for my first watch, not sure I wanna wait that long. Bro, you're well informed!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saltysam said:

Amazon.de still showing July this year for Edge Of Fury?

I remember it had a release date of March then it got delayed to July. Grooves also shows a July 21 release date but I'm just going by the latest info Cargo posted on their site. Hopefully it's out next month and not delayed till 2024 & not another Tough Guy situation.

Screenshot_2023-06-07 Zwei Martial-Arts-Premieren Bruce Li - Die Faust der Vergeltung und Shaolin Handlock 2023 erstmals au[...].png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

The UK label "Signal One Entertainment" was planning to release "Edge of Fury" this year too. This might be of interest.

Regarding Shamrock and own shop - that would be news to me. When High Risk was released, they recommended "MISSBUBBLEGUM" to international buyers in their comment section on FB, if memory serves me right. 

17 minutes ago, kuenfist said:

The fact Signal One has gone silent about this release makes me think it got delayed beyond July but hopefully not.

6 minutes ago, chonk said:

The UK label "Signal One Entertainment" was planning to release "Edge of Fury" this year too. This might be of interest.

Regarding Shamrock and own shop - that would be news to me. When High Risk was released, they recommended "MISSBUBBLEGUM" to international buyers in their comment section on FB, if memory serves me right. 

I used that site to order their releases until dvdparadies offered me cheaper shipping to the US.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Yeah I'm confused by this as well. Did Shamrock open up their own web store recently or are you talking about contacting them on fb and they can send you an invoice through marketplace?

Sorry guys, I was confused. Shamrock appointed me to this site for pre-orders of their titles: https://shop.dtm.at/

• Like 2

I don't think I posted this one before or I forgot about it. But Philip Chan's crime thriller Night Caller in which he stars alongside Melvin Wong was released by Cargo last month. It has English subtitles.

489430_f.jpg

489430_b.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, De Ming Li said:

The Red Phoenix is quite a good thriller, it had me guessing to the end and the

Hide contents

big villain in red

turned out to be quite unexpected.

Unfortunately for me there wasn't any mystery because before I played the disc, I was checking out the cover and...

Spoiler

Cargo used one of the international posters for the cover and that poster clearly reveals who the Red Phoenix is in all his glory. As I was watching the movie, I kept thinking there is no way Cargo gave it away did they but sure 'enuff...

But yeah, I agree with you that it's very entertaining and I don't think I've seen David Chiang doubled as much as he was in this movie. The stunt doubles for both him and Polly Shang-kwan should be applauded.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I don't think I posted this one before or I forgot about it. But Philip Chan's crime thriller Night Caller in which he stars alongside Melvin Wong was released by Cargo last month. It has English subtitles.

489430_f.jpg

489430_b.jpg

Whoa. That completely passed me by.

On the other hand, it is 1. a DVD and 2. in full-screen format. Therefore no purchase from me.

Edited by lastninja

2 hours ago, lastninja said:

Whoa. That completely passed me by.

On the other hand, it is 1. a DVD and 2. in full-screen format. Therefore no purchase from me.

3. It might just be a VHS transfer

13 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

489430_f.jpg

489430_b.jpg

what is the picture quality like?

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Swordsman 3 to follow in October. Both films are coming from Cargo.

Sword.PNG

Why is the cover in Thai?

osbournecox
1 hour ago, Yggdrasil said:

Why is the cover in Thai?

it's even more strange: the cover has thai AND chinese text if i'm identifying that correctly.

my guess:

(a) their knowledge of asian languages is zero

(b) "let's put some asian stuff on the cover"

(c) both

Edited by osbournecox
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, osbournecox said:

it's even more strange: the cover has thai AND chinese text if i'm identifying that correctly.

my guess:

(a) their knowledge of asian languages is zero

(b) "let's put some asian stuff on the cover"

(c) both

Yes, I saw the Chinese script, but seeing as this is a Chinese film, it's not at all strange or odd to see Chinese characters on a Chinese film cover.

ChillyChong

Aren`t Swordsman among movies which are in rights limbo atm and not available to licence outside of asia? So would mean those are bootlegs...

Edited by ChillyChong