Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Shoddy in my opinion and not much of an improvement over the Joy Sales dvd. But YMMV.

I trust your opinion! I’ll skip this one.

Thanks!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

I trust your opinion! I’ll skip this one.

Thanks!

I don't mean shoddy because it's an upscale but because there's a disclaimer on the blu ray saying due to the film source the PQ is what it is. To its credit it does have proper Canto mono and decent subs. But I'm in the minority because people were raving about it when it first came out on the message boards.

• Like 1

inside info from Plaion about Drunken Master II told me it's not safe if there will be English options or not, but they're trying currently.

Edited by spannick
  • Like 3

On 5/18/2023 at 4:38 AM, Yihetuan said:

I don't mean shoddy because it's an upscale but because there's a disclaimer on the blu ray saying due to the film source the PQ is what it is. To its credit it does have proper Canto mono and decent subs. But I'm in the minority because people were raving about it when it first came out on the message boards.

I wouldn’t call the Panorama Blu of I Love Maria shoddy at all. Looks like an older HD master, could definitely use improvement but waaaaaay better than anything else I’ve seen on this title and definitely looks better than, say, the Chinese Ghost Story upscaled Blus. I’d absolutely recommend a pickup for fans of the film, it’s really not bad at all IMO and has that glorious original mono soundtrack.

Edited by WaverBoy
  • Like 5

Kill Squad is getting a 2 disc blu ray release from Turbine Media on June 9. English audio and subs.

Das_Soeldnerkommando_Galerie_Special_Edition_01.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Kill Squad is getting a 2 disc blu ray release from Turbine Media on June 9. English audio and subs.

Got the first issue of it. The mediabook limited edition that came out 3 years ago from Turbine. Such a great disc highly recommended.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kuenfist said:

Got the first issue of it. The mediabook limited edition that came out 3 years ago from Turbine. Such a great disc highly recommended.

I missed the mediabook and it's still available but going for close to 50 euros now whilst this reissue 2 disc set is under 18 euros. Even if the extra features aren't English friendly, I'm still going to pick up Special Edition 2x Blu Ray.

• Like 1

Super Ninja

Avenging Eagle release has been postponed. The email I received says the new delivery date is June 19th/20th.

• Sad 1

actionfan93
6 hours ago, spannick said:

Angel Enforcers fully remastered by Shamrock for German Blu:

I assume all their girls with guns are getting this treatment also Shamrock said Angel Terminators 2 is english friendly would that mean just english subs as to my knowledge that movie has never had an english dub if Shamrock media has found an english dub I am very interested in purchasing then as I love the role Yukari Oshima played in it

Edited by actionfan93

The Ringo Lam film with JCVD, In Hell is out tomorrow in mediabook format with 3 cover variants.

81hidn0x-RL._SL1500_.jpg

81QgGvP8chL._SL1500_.jpg

8112-Zj1I-L._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

I assume all their girls with guns are getting this treatment also Shamrock said Angel Terminators 2 is english friendly would that mean just english subs as to my knowledge that movie has never had an english dub if Shamrock media has found an english dub I am very interested in purchasing then as I love the role Yukari Oshima played in it

Shamrock may catch you with nice surprises there for Angel Terminators 1 & 2.

• Like 3

actionfan93
7 hours ago, spannick said:

Shamrock may catch you with nice surprises there for Angel Terminators 1 & 2.

you've got my attention the only thing would be finding a place to purchase those that ships to the U..S as I have not seen much of his stuff on Amazon DE

3 hours ago, actionfan93 said:

you've got my attention the only thing would be finding a place to purchase those that ships to the U..S as I have not seen much of his stuff on Amazon DE

I had no problem finding Shamrock titles on grooves unlike filmArt or TVP. And yes, they ship to the US.

https://www.grooves-inc.com/

ChillyChong

Pity tho it`s shamrock. They are very slow on releasing. We did not get Cheetah on fire yet and very surprised if Dreaming the reality is out next month..

• Like 1

actionfan93
1 hour ago, ChillyChong said:

Pity tho it`s shamrock. They are very slow on releasing. We did not get Cheetah on fire yet and very surprised if Dreaming the reality is out next month..

but they release films that other labels may not take chances on I am not sure we will see Princess Madam,Dreaming The reality or Angel Terminators 1 and 2 from 88 or Eureka or another big label maybe but I think of the girls with guns 88 and Eureka would go more for the Angels Trilogy, or Killer Angels maybe Devil Hunters but I guess it depends on how deep they want to explore a potential market for the girls with guns genre outside of the in the line of duty collection of films and Angel trilogy

some of shamrock's lineup such as City Cops,Mission of Justice and Angel Enforcers may not see releases with any other label if they didn't put them out that being said I hope some of these such as Angel Terminators 1-2,Princess Madam,Angel 1-3,Killer Angels, and Devil Hunters are on 88's,Eureka's or others label release schedules in the future

• Like 1

The live action adaptation of Knights of the Zodiac: Saint Seiya is getting a German blu ray release and is English friendly. Sonny Chiba's son is the lead and it also stars martial arts veteran, Mark Dacascos. Release date TBA.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C6DFWMK2?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0C6DFWMK2

91TeYUevmOL._SL1500_.jpg

• Like 2

Looks like Tough Guy (Kung Fu The Headcrusher) is now delayed until late November. I have doubts this will happen, it's my favourite Chen Sing basher :dull

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 5/25/2023 at 4:23 AM, Yihetuan said:

I did a stunt fight in that movie, blink and you'll miss it. All the fights were way too short. Marc was a fellow student where I used to teach the kicking class as well as the sparring class at his old school. He is now a Tai Chi instructor. I chat once in a while with Jean Glaude as he is on my Facebook friends list. I thought the whole movie was pretty awful but my buddie Luis said "When you tell the story it sounds badass". Also there were a lot of people getting hurt here and there. That Brazilian guy was an asshole, real bad to the stunt people. And tons of cocaine. Not my friends, but others, not that I wasn't known for doing a bump here and there. What can I say? It was the 80's.

• Like 10
  • Buddha Bless You 1

4 hours ago, saltysam said:

Looks like Tough Guy (Kung Fu The Headcrusher) is now delayed until late November. I have doubts this will happen, it's my favourite Chen Sing basher :dull

uh oh, hope this doesn't up like MoTFG. One of my favorite bashers as well. I was thinking how awesome it was to get Wang Yu's Furious Slaughter and now this Chen Sing classic in the same year but the delays are putting my optimism in jeopardy.

43 minutes ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

I did a stunt fight in that movie, blink and you'll miss it. All the fights were way too short. Marc was a fellow student where I used to teach the kicking class as well as the sparring class at his old school. He is now a Tai Chi instructor. I chat once in a while with Jean Glaude as he is on my Facebook friends list. I thought the whole movie was pretty awful but my buddie Luis said "When you tell the story it sounds badass". Also there were a lot of people getting hurt here and there. That Brazilian guy was an asshole, real bad to the stunt people. And tons of cocaine. Not my friends, but others, not that I wasn't known for doing a bump here and there. What can I say? It was the 80's.

Awesome backstory and that's cool that you partook in one of the fight scenes.

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Cheetah on Fire AND Angel Enforcers are going to be released together by Shamrock Media, only a few weeks left. (only testing phase now).

Language final info:

Audio: German, English, Cantonese, Mandarin

Subtitle: German, English

• Like 9

Drunken Monk
8 hours ago, spannick said:

Cheetah on Fire AND Angel Enforcers are going to be released together by Shamrock Media, only a few weeks left. (only testing phase now).

Language final info:

Audio: German, English, Cantonese, Mandarin

Subtitle: German, English

Hopefully Amazon.de will put up a pre-order link soon.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Hopefully Amazon.de will put up a pre-order link soon.

Shamrock knows about the problems with titles NOT being on amazon.de. I will ask how these will be sold first when released. He knows foreign market is important for such titles and both titles do have a FSK Age Rating, so there should be no problem to offer them there also.

• Like 3

I remember a few Shamrock titles being on Amazon.de but the limited copies sold out too quickly. One would do the obvious and just order directly from their site. However, their payment option is hella tricky.