Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Now this would be a pukka release if it was released in English speaking countries. The audio commentaries would've been mint too. This and Kickboxer are my favourite's of early Van Damme.  

yeah, this German steelbook is probably the best you can expect since I haven't heard Warner doing anything other than that double release they did with Time Cop. This steelbook is cheaper than the previous mediabook, a legit steelbook and not a metalpak and since it's the same transfer as the mediabook release the PQ should be excellent & all the extras are English friendly besides the menus.

7 hours ago, saltysam said:

Hopefully some big player has got MOTFG an warned Cargo off. Have to stick with the first non-anamorphic Region 1 release for now.

Yep the original non-anamorphic DVD is still far and away the best version, incredibly. Glad I picked that up on street date!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, WaverBoy said:

Yep the original non-anamorphic DVD is still far and away the best version, incredibly. Glad I picked that up on street date!

Unless some miracle occurs where a long lost pristine print is found somewhere, I think that first Pathfinder dvd will always be the best version (Greg Hatanaka said as much over a decade ago and nothing has transpired to make me change my mind). Not too mention, I don't know if any future release will be able to clear the music rights issue and without the krautrock soundtrack, that movie just isn't the same.

Kevin Chan
15 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

yeah, this German steelbook is probably the best you can expect since I haven't heard Warner doing anything other than that double release they did with Time Cop. This steelbook is cheaper than the previous mediabook, a legit steelbook and not a metalpak and since it's the same transfer as the mediabook release the PQ should be excellent & all the extras are English friendly besides the menus.

Re:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02j84yTcF1eUPAhdR4EVB1Ho5fM5VxekqyP45wm7wHEWib69Btv9nacrtnajFqKVGxl&id=100063489103452

Screenshot_20230511-154315.thumb.png.087fc09781e3720be4ee9a6e91ad97bc.png

Something's coming up for the international market :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

We do not recommend you buying the German version. Follow Capelight Entertainment? But there website is in German. That's a pathetic statement.  

2 hours ago, Kevin Chan said:

Did you hear anything about Sakra getting the International treatment? I know it's going to be released in Germany as a 4K UHD while the only option we have here is the Well Go blu ray. Fingers crossed that Sakra is included in their plans for a 4K release.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chonk said:

The "Capelight Entertainment International" FB account is english, though. There will probably be another website soon. They are expanding and anncouncing US- and UK-exclusive editions for a few movies. I assume this will happen here too. 

https://www.facebook.com/capelight.pictures.int/

Don't have facebook.

Their Facebook page should be public and visible without an account, but I understand. I'm sure there will be an english language option for their site, or an own international website soon. You can also check the shop for upcoming releases in the meantime. 

Kevin Chan
16 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Did you hear anything about Sakra getting the International treatment? I know it's going to be released in Germany as a 4K UHD while the only option we have here is the Well Go blu ray. Fingers crossed that Sakra is included in their plans for a 4K release.

Not to my knowledge, but I don't have any insight information. At least on their international Facebook page no such thing is mentioned.

https://m.facebook.com/capelight.pictures.int

18 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

We do not recommend you buying the German version. Follow Capelight Entertainment? But there website is in German. That's a pathetic statement.  

That's a bit harsh, but I see that it could be confusing. Capelight is a good label and they started expanding internationally since they announced the international mediabook for All Quiet On The Western Front. The link and the screenshot is from their German Facebook page and they have already started an internal Facebook page. I'm sure they will update their website soon as well 

1 hour ago, Kevin Chan said:

Not to my knowledge, but I don't have any insight information. At least on their international Facebook page no such thing is mentioned.

https://m.facebook.com/capelight.pictures.int

That's a bit harsh, but I see that it could be confusing. Capelight is a good label and they started expanding internationally since they announced the international mediabook for All Quiet On The Western Front. The link and the screenshot is from their German Facebook page and they have already started an internal Facebook page. I'm sure they will update their website soon as well 

Harsh? What's harsh about it. I'm just saying what it is rather than breating around the bush.

Well, if their release is superior than the other release they told us not to buy, I might be interested.

@Yggdrasil, I'm sure it'll be the same as the German mediabook just ported over with a English menus and English cover artwork. So if you have a region free player & don't mind navigating German menus which is easy than i don't see the value proposition especially if the "international" version is more expensive.

Edited by Yihetuan

45 minutes ago, Graysman said:

Drunken master II coming 24/08/2023 uncut mediabook blu ray/Dvd

574A47FB-D971-4D48-960F-5545C87C2939.jpeg

I saw this earlier but didn't post it because everywhere I saw it listed it said it was not English friendly with only German subtitles, Mandarin, Canto and German audio. But did you confirm it's English friendly?

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, Graysman said:

What's the difference with the Japanese bluray with all the extras (photos, booklet and I don' t remember what else)?

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

I saw this earlier but didn't post it because everywhere I saw it listed it said it was not English friendly with only German subtitles, Mandarin, Canto and German audio. But did you confirm it's English friendly?

I’m pretty sure this could have the English dub on this book most of the other versions have, but cannot confirm at this time can anyone else Elaborate.

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

@Yggdrasil, I'm sure it'll be the same as the German mediabook just ported over with a English menus and English cover artwork. So if you have a region free player & don't mind navigating German menus which is easy than i don't see the value proposition especially if the "international" version is more expensive.

I have a multi region player yes, and I don't mind using my phone to auto translate the blu ray options. What I don't particularly like, which is what happens when you buy a non native film, is a film cover that you can't read. 

If their cover is in fact in English, of course, I'd buy it.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 6:07 PM, Yihetuan said:

Sakra from Donnie Yen? You have a link for a poor man??

On 5/12/2023 at 5:07 PM, Graysman said:

who is releasing this? you have a link for a poor man?

8 minutes ago, AslanBey said:

PLAION
PICTURES

4 hours ago, AslanBey said:

Sakra is being released by Well Go in another month.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Sakra-Blu-ray/335260/

The German 4k UHD from Capelight is coming late June sans English subs or audio. So fingers crossed Capelight has plans for an English version soon.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Donnie-Yens-Sakra-4K-Blu-ray/337022/

• Like 1

I Love Maria is being released in a limited hardbox edition at the end of next month and is English friendly but as shown by the screenshots of the regular edition, it doesn't seem to be any improvement over the HK blu ray.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C4CKPP42?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0C4CKPP42

81WsYiqqeGL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

Drunken Monk
3 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I Love Maria is being released in a limited hardbox edition at the end of next month and is English friendly but as shown by the screenshots of the regular edition, it doesn't seem to be any improvement over the HK blu ray.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C4CKPP42?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-110-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0C4CKPP42

81WsYiqqeGL._SL1500_.jpg

Was the Hong Kong Blu Ray a shoddy upscale or was it worth a purchase?

Moderation Team
On 5/13/2023 at 1:07 AM, Graysman said:

On 5/13/2023 at 1:53 AM, Yihetuan said:

On 5/13/2023 at 3:08 AM, Graysman said:

I’m pretty sure this could have the English dub on this book most of the other versions have, but cannot confirm at this time can anyone else Elaborate.

Hi gents, just a kind reminder to please refrain from posting about releases in this thread until you confirm they're English-friendly. We've had instances in the past where members have blind purchased titles based on them being posted here, only to find it was just members posting about any German releases they came across, without doing the due diligence beforehand to check if they were English-friendly or not. As exciting as it is to see our German friends cranking out such great releases, please ensure to check first that there's either an English dub or English subtitles included before posting, rather than only relying on assumptions.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Was the Hong Kong Blu Ray a shoddy upscale or was it worth a purchase?

Shoddy in my opinion and not much of an improvement over the Joy Sales dvd. But YMMV.