Upcoming English-friendly GERMAN DVDs & Blu-Rays

@saltysam & @sifu iron perm, ok Amazon.de has it for pre-order but wasn't sure if you already mentioned they won't ship to the UK?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C33124T3?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-130-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0C33124T3

dvdparadies in Austria also has the two for pre-order (only Cover C is a Camera Obscura shop exclusive). If you don't mind having to choose the other two covers (gold foil & Dragon Flies) then I would order from there. Even if the UK isn't listed as an official shipping location, the owner Martin is very cool and if you email him, I'm sure he'll accommodate you.

https://www.dvdparadies.at/index.php?lang=0&cl=search&searchparam=der+mann+von+hongkong

If you still can't order it, then PM me and I'll help you get a copy by shipping from the US to the UK.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
48 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

@saltysam & @sifu iron perm, ok Amazon.de has it for pre-order but wasn't sure if you already mentioned they won't ship to the UK?

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B0C33124T3?ie=UTF8&tag=bdde-130-100-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=1638&creative=6742&creativeASIN=B0C33124T3

dvdparadies in Austria also has the two for pre-order (only Cover C is a Camera Obscura shop exclusive). If you don't mind having to choose the other two covers (gold foil & Dragon Flies) then I would order from there. Even if the UK isn't listed as an official shipping location, the owner Martin is very cool and if you email him, I'm sure he'll accommodate you.

https://www.dvdparadies.at/index.php?lang=0&cl=search&searchparam=der+mann+von+hongkong

If you still can't order it, then PM me and I'll help you get a copy by shipping from the US to the UK.

Very Kind of You!

Ill try and sort this one out. 

• Like 1

Yggdrasil
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That sucks, is it due to Brexit? I read someone ordered from jpc and they delivered to UK but that was awhile back, not sure if their policy has changed recently?

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/der-mann-von-hongkong/hnum/11470034

**edit**

Nope, guess they exclude the UK as well.

They should remove the English track then if they want to be that stupid about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yggdrasil
4 hours ago, sifu iron perm said:

doesnt ship to the UK , from that site that is. 

Oh. That's a major wank stain. I'll just sit around and wait for our usual British companies to release it then or not.

So my blood is absolutely raging. They deliver to all nations, even the America's [and probably North Korea as well] but they can't be bothered to ship to Blighty? How pathetic.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Buddha Bless You 1

ShawAngela
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

That sucks, is it due to Brexit? I read someone ordered from jpc and they delivered to UK but that was awhile back, not sure if their policy has changed recently?

https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/movie/detail/-/art/der-mann-von-hongkong/hnum/11470034

**edit**

Nope, guess they exclude the UK as well.

Jpc doesn't even ship to France when it's FSK18 movies. I asked them once a few years ago and they told me that they don' t ship this kind of movies outside Germany because they don' t have any way to verify that people who order are really more than 18 years old.

• Buddha Bless You 1

ShawAngela
6 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

I already bought from dvdparadies several times and they shipped to France without any problem.

Yggdrasil
4 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Jpc doesn't even ship to France when it's FSK18 movies. I asked them once a few years ago and they told me that they don' t ship this kind of movies outside Germany because they don' t have any way to verify that people who order are really more than 18 years old.

I suppose you could just fly there for a weeks holiday and buy it physically from a shop with your ID.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

osbournecox
2 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I suppose you could just fly there for a weeks holiday and buy it physically from a shop with your ID.  

nobody in a physical shop will ask you for an ID - only if you are a teenager and might be a minor. if you obviously are an adult you can buy whatever you want, no questions asked. just like with alcohol or tobacco in any other country.

10 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I already bought from dvdparadies several times and they shipped to France without any problem.

well, it lists EU as a shipping destination so I don't see why France would be an issue but I didn't see UK listed as one of its shipping destinations on their page?

**edit**

I received clarification from Martin and he does ship to the UK.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Buddha Bless You 1

31 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I've ordered MFHK from JPC.DE. Never used them before, are they reliable?

yes, they took a while though for them to even dispatch the item to me. I finally received it but the packaging was pretty flimsy & appeared the worse for wear. I'm lucky it wasn't damaged during transit! It'll probably be much quicker for you since you're in the UK.

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

I've ordered MFHK from JPC.DE. Never used them before, are they reliable?

I placed several orders from jpc and never had to complain

I guess that you are talking about Man from HK ?

ShawAngela
2 hours ago, saltysam said:

it's a pity Grooves don't seem to stock Camera Obscura titles.

Which titles were you looking for ? It's sometimes very annoying to search something on their site. For instance, if I search Das Schwert (The sword), I get a lot of results, but not Adam Cheng's movie, but if I search with Adam Cheng, Das Schwert appears at once...

Yggdrasil
2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Which titles were you looking for ? It's sometimes very annoying to search something on their site. For instance, if I search Das Schwert (The sword), I get a lot of results, but not Adam Cheng's movie, but if I search with Adam Cheng, Das Schwert appears at once...

Maybe you should email them to know their search engine is a pile of crap.

Wicked Shop now has Shaolin Kung Fu Master up for pre-order. I've used them in the past and they ship quickly with no issues and their international shipping rates are fair. They also promptly answer any email inquiries unlike those ass hats at D&T mail order.

https://www.wicked-shop.com/en/shaolin-kung-fu-master-limited-edition.html

Of course, this was already released by TVP but I'm curious about the bonus film, Shaolin Iron Finger that's included with this keep case blu ray and if it's going to be English friendly?

Shaolin-MT.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

@Drunken Monk, seems you won't be getting that German blu ray of Master of the Flying Guillotine after all because Cargo just canceled the release and all pre-orders.

I knew it was too good to be true and wonder if they ran into some legal issue with the music rights?

Screenshot_2023-05-10 Bald auf Blu-ray Disc Wang-Yu kennt kein Erbarmen und Duell der Giganten - UPDATE - Blu-ray News.png

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 1

Kevin Chan

I would be surprised if Cargo actually cares about legal issues. They distributed some rather shady releases. Something else must have happened.

I'm confused, the cover in your screenshot is from Furious Slaughter, but the cancellation message is for Master of the Flying Guillotine?

17 minutes ago, Kevin Chan said:

I would be surprised if Cargo actually cares about legal issues. They distributed some rather shady releases. Something else must have happened.

I'm confused, the cover in your screenshot is from Furious Slaughter, but the cancellation message is for Master of the Flying Guillotine?

Maybe they found out the backlash they were going to get for putting out a fake grain AI upscaled release of such a beloved cult classic hahaha

yeah, I took the wrong the screenshot. The cancellation message was posted on both images, Here's the correct one.

Screenshot_2023-05-10 Bald auf Blu-ray Disc Wang-Yu kennt kein Erbarmen und Duell der Giganten - UPDATE - Blu-ray News.png

Speaking of Furious Slaughter, I actually received my copy earlier today. It's a fun basher and as you can tell by the caps posted earlier in this thread, it's a good looking print too. Definitely recommend this German blu for fans of JWY or bashers,

PXL_20230510_174756193.MP.jpg

• Like 4

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

@Drunken Monk, seems you won't be getting that German blu ray of Master of the Flying Guillotine after all because Cargo just canceled the release and all pre-orders.

I knew it was too good to be true and wonder if they ran into some legal issue with the music rights?

A small part of me is thankful since I was pretty worried that the print wasn't going to be as good as I hoped. I've just canceled my order with Amazon.

On 5/9/2023 at 6:52 AM, Yihetuan said:

The steelbook 4K UHD release for Bloodsport is up for pre-order now from Capelight. Will be released in mid July.

4042564232646.jpg

Now this would be a pukka release if it was released in English speaking countries. The audio commentaries would've been mint too. This and Kickboxer are my favourite's of early Van Damme.  

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 1

Hopefully some big player has got MOTFG an warned Cargo off. Have to stick with the first non-anamorphic Region 1 release for now.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 3